Door doesn't open ( Not obvious cuase)

94 olds vert

well then count yourself lucky, in the past 6 years i have had all sorts of issues with these doors. and on my current 92' the drivers door did similar things to what the OP states, adjusted the handle linkages and no more problem.

Well my first lumina....I don't what we did but I think a friend fixed it or I got a new door handle. But all the issues I've had are probably related to the rods.

dont lock the door when its out of adjustment like that. You wont be able to open it inside or out.

let me tell you ALL about that. :lol: when you adjust it, little changes or else that can happen.

on my tgp the rods are out of adujustment on the passenger handle.. i pull the handle to where it should release and push by the lock cylinder at the same time of pulling on the handle a bit and it opens right up..

I forgot about that little trick!

The drivers handle is out of adjustment on the '89, pressing on the keyhole worked for a while, but bu the time I got rid of it, you HAD to use the pass side :lol:

So I adjusted the driver side door, and it now works better than when I first installed the handle.

Now, I need to find a passenger side handle at the junkyard, shouldn't be too hard to find almost all the handles that

do work at the junkyard are from the passenger side.