Transverse Spring Bushing Install. How?

supreme_style21

Like it says.. how do you install the rubber bushings in the rear transverse spring on a '94 GP? I need to have them installed by Thursday. A guy is interested in buying my car, so I need it fixed ASAP.

So yeah, how do these go in? And where? How? I know nothing about it, obviously. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks! But ARRGHHH!!! Wow thats way more complicated than what I have time/tools/space for.

I thought someone had said I could just pound the bastards in there with a hammer?

Yeah thats the bushings I have.. I got them from work.. simply called rear transverse spring bushing. I just want a simple fix so I can sell the car. The dealership quoted me a price of $620 to have it fixed. :shock:

I need something quick, simple, and inexpensive.

Guest RedCutlassSL

its its just the busings you need replacing, grab a 10 in c clamp, jack the rear of the car up, compress the springs with the clamp, then pound the new bushings in with a rubber hammer. do the other side, your done!!

its its just the busings you need replacing, grab a 10 in c clamp, jack the rear of the car up, compress the springs with the clamp, then pound the new bushings in with a rubber hammer. do the other side, your done!!

I can compress that leaf-type spring? Doesn't look like there is anywhere for it to go but out of the car..

I'll check 'er out tonite when I'm at work. Thanks!!