pDuB257

Okay so long story short I have a 98 Grand Prix GT naturally aspirated 3.8L motor. Coolant reservoir has some brown/black gunk in it and it needs to be changed. How do I flush the radiator and get all of this nasty stuff out of my coolant reservoir and cooling system? I bought some Prestone coolant radiator flush stuff and I also bought a gallon of DexCool which I will mix with another gallon of water as well once I flush all of this stuff out. My question is where is the drain plug for the radiator in order to make all this nasty stuff come out so I put the new stuff in? I have searched everywhere on the internet and have found no answers. Any help? Thanks.

My question is where is the drain plug for the radiator

on the bottom.

the best flush method for Dex is the pressurized flush. Im lazy so i have a shop do it.

how does your oil look? you may have a leaking intake or bad LIM gaskets, or both like i did.

On the bottom of what? The radiator? Do any of you guys have pics of what the plug looks like and exactly where it is? I can't find it at all lol. :willynilly: Btw, the oil is fine, it turns black/brown as it normally should after every couple thousand miles. I just need a pic of what the radiator plug looks like that way I can go from there...

Well I noticed there was a plastic cover underneath my car under the radiator. It is probably the radiator guard cover, but do I have to remove that or anything else that may be in the way in order to see that plug? Also, how do you undo the plug to make the coolant come out? Does it twist by hand or do you have to use a tool?