cutsup1996

my cutlass has the dual fans in the engine bay and I want to know how to hook up a switch to the ac fan, which only comes on when the ac is on, so I can turn it on when I want to. My car has never overheated but a lot of the city driving I do it gets quite warm waiting at lights. I would like to be able to cut that fan on when I want and cool it a little. Anyone done this yet, is it easy?

i just got done reading about it on the w-body site but im gonna wire it to a seperate toggle switch not my ac but my question is befo i go out n pull the relay how to i pull the realy n do i have to disconnect the battery or not

you just kinda rock it out.... and if you disconnect the battery, you won't be able to know which one is putting out the 12 volts ;)

I didn't disconnect mine, anyway, just make sure you don't touch the wrong things together, the instructions are almost 100% complete...

your primary fan, if you have a switch for it, will be able to be turned on with or with the key on... the secondary will need the key...

i found a good ground right away on the bolts in the back of the engine bay in the corners i see what i did wrong i forget to turn on the ignition n im guessin 30 is alwasy alive but now since i turned the key it is still live same with 85

should i do my primary fan 2 n all this does is keep my engine cooler so my engine runs better rite???? im guessin i wont see no performance tho either but the main reason i wanted to do this is cuase my low coolant light has been comin on alot when i drive although my coolant is full so i guess my fans whernt runnin probally n today(i took the day off to work on my car) i did the idel relarn n i noticed my main fan turnin on so i dunno