I present the 350 dollar 97 GTP [Traded it, look what I got for it :)]

Octavarium454

This is the car I was talking about in my last thread.

Well this is the worst side, the camera died before I could take more pics. As you can see the front end is completely missing and the rear door is crushed. I have the side skirt and engine cover, they are just removed. The other side is as close to perfect as it is going to get.

Interior is absolutely fine except I need 1 air vent and the drivers seat could be replaced, otherwise it is all good.

The motor was blown (absolutely seized, I was freaking out when it wouldn't turn when I need to get the torque converter bolts off, but it turned the other way, thankfully), but the supercharger had a rebuild that the guy paid 600 dollars for :eek: and a new water pump and alternator. I'll have the motor pulled tomorrow after school and the new motor should be in and running sometime during the weekend. The rear also has new shocks, trailing arms, and non rusty strut towers. The only rust is the usual rocker panel issue (kind of a shame).

More pics to come as I get this thing put all back together, and batteries in my camera.

Wow. Nice buy. :high5: Wish I could score the same exact deal, then I'd do my topswap, or find one that is absolutly demolished from the firewall on back, just so that it runs still, and I'd do a full swap.

Well I got the new motor put in and running. Holy shit, I am impressed. The only thing I did was put a new motor mount on it, otherwise I just dropped it right in.

I picked up my door and hood hinge and my headlights should be in in the next couple days. Soon this car will look damn fine.

Should have some pics in the next couple days once I get the kinks worked out of the motor. (Vacuum issues, some other random crap, I need to get my scanner back).

nice find . kinda looks like mine that i picked up last year off craigslist for 200 guy said that it was blown up it turned out that a wire in the engine harness burned up and was allowing the car to crank but not start .

good buy

im not a fan of the gold wheels though, you should put some 5 spokes on instead, i happen to know a guy with some. :mrgreen:

my favorite rims off all time, but only on a GTP.

If you want them I'll let them go cheap, as I got a set of 5 spoke Pontiac rims I got off my donor car for this that I am going to use instead. 75 dollars will take them. If not they go to the junkyard for aluminum. Just change the beauty ring and they are in very good condition. If your really interested I'll get some close ups on those rims. (I actually got to take a lot of freaking pictures. I got to take some of this now that it is running, and my donor car I'm selling parts off of)

• 4 months later...

Well after 3 months as my daily driver it is time for it to go out for sale like I intended at the start of this project. A huge difference compared to when I bought it and I'm proud of it.

So I ended up trading it, and this is what I got. A 1993 Z28 Camaro. Shift kit, 4:11 posi, Corvette PCM, 18 inch rims from a Vette, the sucker hauls balls. Some stupid stuff wrong with it, mainly the drivers seat and the rear quarter needs some attention, but there is NO RUST whatsoever on this car. He needed a DD with four doors because he just had a kid, and I needed something fun for once.

Thats a good looking Camaro. That color is pretty sleek I think. Always loved F-Bodies. :high5:

The funny thing is in certain light it switches from green to blue to silver. Ever since I first lit the tires up and did some donuts in the parking lot I have yet to get this large ass grin off my face.

Sweet f-body! God those LT1's look like a bitch to work on though...

Is it just me or are the f-body engines just crammed in there? That's one reason I'd take a GTO over a newer camaro, working on an LSx motor in a GTO is like working on a 1500 pickup, TONS of room. Well, compared to an F that is.

God those LT1's look like a bitch to work on though...

They are! And don't get me started on the stupid Optispark :mad:

Is it just me or are the f-body engines just crammed in there? That's one reason I'd take a GTO over a newer camaro, working on an LSx motor in a GTO is like working on a 1500 pickup, TONS of room. Well, compared to an F that is.

Yeah my GTO did have a lot more room, but by no means spacious. I wound up with several bloody knuckles changing plugs due to sharp metal edges much closer than they should be.

So I ended up trading it, and this is what I got. A 1993 Z28 Camaro.

Sweet ride man! :high5: