Possibly getting another w-body.

Bake82

For the past month or so I've been looking for a winter car that I can put lots of miles on(about 75-100km a day) and I've came across a 1990 CS with only 122,000 km for 1200 bucks. It looks like its needs paint but I don't really care about that. My main concern would be the brakes. I currently haven't been able to talk to the seller, but am wondering if in 1990 they had the evil Power master III brake systems? Also what else should I look for? I'm thinking the front end? But I'm not sure. Any ideas of what else I should look for. Currently I've had good luck with my 88 so I still aren't 100% sure of the many problems the 90 CS's had. Anyways any help in what I should look for as far as main problems in this car would greatly appreciated! Thanks.

yah nevermind, I went to look at it tonight, and there was something funky with the transmission aswell as the rear brakes which he claims were done last year. So needless to say i won't be buying that CS.

Rear brakes is more for safety and by helping the car stop faster than just the front brakes alone.

It is also important if the front brake lines leaks out the fluid and since the rear brakes has a separate lines then you have the rear brake helping you stop than nothing at all.

Any W-body made before 1994 potentially has problems with the rear calipers. They all seize up...eventually. Poor design :roll: Upgrading to 94+ calipers in the rear is a good idea!

My truck has rear DRUM brakes...and I blew one of the backing plates off last year. So I just plugged the line...removed the whole drum assembly..and put the wheel back on :lol: It actually stops better now...even when plowing snow :shock:

Oh..and 1 more thing, I may be adding another W-body to the stable soon. A Silver 1999 Grand Prix GT coupe with around 75k on it. My aunt is getting rid of the car because it blew an intake gasket....an therefore is no longer reliable (even though it's fixed now :?). Oh well..cheap car for me. The dealer will only give her 5k trade in for it. I offered her 6k for it when she decides to get rid of it :D