97 GTP wiring issues?

old442man

I'm looking at a 97 GTP but someone told me that you don't want a 97 because of the wiring issues in the first year of the new body style. Is there any truth or explanation to this?

i have drove my 1997 from 180,000 miles to about 240,000 miles, There have been NO electrical stuff go wrong, Besides not havening Traction control and a few things under hood diffrent, There is no diffrence, my 1997 gtp and a 2001 gtp were identical as far as i could tell. under dash wires..

I'd have zero problems picking up a '97 GTP. Nearly everyone who tells you to avoid them has never owned one or has zero experience with the 2G W GPs. Yes, like most first-year cars they have their quirks, but they're relatively minimal (radio displays shitting out, headlights turning off on their own [issue with the DRL module, easily remedied]) and other problems cross multiple years (fuel pump resistor, etc). If it's a good deal and not beat, pick it up.

I'd have zero problems picking up a '97 GTP. Nearly everyone who tells you to avoid them has never owned one or has zero experience with the 2G W GPs. Yes, like most first-year cars they have their quirks, but they're relatively minimal (radio displays shitting out, headlights turning off on their own [issue with the DRL module, easily remedied]) and other problems cross multiple years (fuel pump resistor, etc). If it's a good deal and not beat, pick it up.

this man speaks the truth!

I have Yet to come across someone that has said "I have owned a 1997 GTP, I wont by anything but a 1998-2003 now" It still the 98-03 guys saying "Id never by a 1997"

Thank you very much, that's what I was looking for.