All I wanted was a new radiator...

94 olds vert

:sad:

So this morning I learned why I used so much radiator coolant. The radiator had a hole and was fixed incorrectly.

So I dropped it off and the Mechanic...Later today I learned the car the car was in an accident, back in 99. The bumper was replaced and the date was written on it.

Well, The repairs were terrible a hacked up job. So my dad gave him the "ok" to repair it properly.

Pulling the frame, Welding in new brackets that hold the crash bar.

I guess this weekend I am going to the junkyard to get the a crash bar. Previous one was smashed.

And also getting new hood and bumper. Old hood was rusted out and the old bumper had a crack.

So much more $$$ out of my pocket. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

That really sucks. Did the seller not know about the crash, or simply not tell you?

He owned the car for 3 years. So he probably didn't know either. And he never drove the car, he put 9,000 miles on the car when he owned it.

He did tell me it leaks coolant, So I know I would need a new radiator.

That really sucks. Did the seller not know about the crash, or simply not tell you?

He owned the car for 3 years. So he probably didn't know either. And he never drove the car, he put 9,000 miles on the car when he owned it.

He should've checked the car's history or inspected it first then, nothing worse than buying a car and then finding out something like this.

Well, From what I heard so far...Doesn't sound too bad. But bad enough to leave a hole in the radiator. When I go get the rims I will snap some pics and post 'em.

Most of the damage was on the passenger side front of the car.

So for 1,100 I get a new core support, He needs to pull the frame rails and adjust the cradle for the engine. Its going to all be painted up.

That leaves me with new bumper and hood, that I want to get.

Edit- New aftermarket radiator