stripped lugnut - need help

phantomFE3

one of the rear lugnuts on my car is stripped and i cant get it off, i need help!! would there be an easier way to get it off other than drilling out the stud and getting a new one? thank in advance

good luck man i don't know of any other way then to drill out a striped lug nut but if you do that i suggest you replace all your studs and lug nuts so you won't have that problem for a while at least :lol: cause the lug nut must have or frozen to the stud some how :? well hope you can get that wheel off with out hurting the car to much or you could remove the stud if it breaks the head of it off you can just knock it through the hole.

oh yeah i forgot about that tool but i don't that a smaller socket can be hammered on to it because they are not designed to have that done to them were. the craftsman tools were designed to have that done to them in fact jcwhitney has some special tools that can help with removing frozen or striped lug nuts.

I'd try tapping the smaller socket on before anything else. I've had to do the same thing and it's worked for me most of the time. Otherwise, it looks as though you'll have to get out the drill. Once you get it off and you're ready to put the new one on, make sure to use some anti sieze compound on the threads. I haven't had any problems since I started using that stuff.

Good luck. :D

gator grip

OMG! LOL!

it's been so long since I heard that!

I've always wondered if they're actually any good..

Theyre not. My brother has one and we tried to get a nut off my truck's shock with it but it didnt do anything and even though it looks like a deep socket, it really isnt due to a bar inside of it that only lets it be a shallow socket.

Ive never had any luck with it on anything.