How do I get the interior wiring harness out of a 96 GP?

Octavarium454

So I had planned on switching out my 95 GP harness for a 96 GP harness due to the 95 harness being molested from some botched install/uninstall job of an alarm system, and I need OBD II for my L67 swap. Now, I have gone to the junkyard for 3 days in a row now and still have not got it out. I have removed the dash, headliner, carpet, seats ect. and still I got stuff in my way up by the firewall (heater, that big ass bar, ect). The harness is removed completely up until the firewall. It is beginning to really piss me off.

a good bit of the harnes os pinned behind the pedal bracket, to get that off the MC and booster need to come off to access the bolts. taking the heater box off helps too. its a bunch of 10mm bolts on the engine side of the firewall.

keep in mind the cruise harness also goes back out to the engine bay through the firewall plate.

That could be a big can of worms. You should look everything over very carefully with wire colors for discrepancies. It may be useful to get the prints for the host and donor vehicle, hell the Monte too. http://www.alldatadiy.com can help and you have a year to save anything you want to keep forever.

lots of fun. I just did that.

You NEED to get ALL the harness bits, if you wish to do that. the hardest parts are the HVAC trapping interios side of the c100 connector, but I can get that out once the dash is removed by removing the portion of the HVAC box with teh belnd door that is above the fan. As for the part over the column, In a junk car remove the column, remove the dash, remove the metal assembly that holds the petals, it has TWO parts. the stamped steel bracket (which cannot be removed with taking the boosted off), and another part that is cast aluminum and can be removed easily (relatively) that is held by 8 bolts and nuts.

to remove it: (everything is 13mm, except as mentioned)

remove the two nuts and two bolts that are through the access hole in the body at the very top. next remove one bolt on the right side, and two bolts on the left side. now the only thing remaining is a long bolt with a nut. iirc they are both 15mm, but it might be a 13mm bolt and a 15mm nut. these are up high and hard to reach, but hold the brakepedal in place. once that is done pull back and it should be out. now bend the steel bracket down and it will allow the wires to slip out.

On the other hand..... DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SOLDER????

the difference between 95 and 96 C100 pinouts is minimal and could be fixed with relative ease. I have the diagrams, if you need em.

Yes I know how to solder, and if you have the pinouts to a 96 GP SE that would be nice. I got the one for my 95. Now that I know I got to remove things on the engine side of the vehicle I should be able to make some good progress.