1997 DIC? 1998-2003? Diffrent? LOL! not!

Addicted to eaton

i went to change the DIC Bulbs in my gtp today

1997 DIC (no trac off)

97dic.jpg

But under the face plate WALA!!!! its there and it even has a bulb in the track off light!

gtpdriverinfo.jpg

i have a few of these, and there are (at least) 3 different "full" 97-03 GP versions.

I intend to take some HIGH RES pics and document the differences...

However, if you stuck either of the 98+ versions in a 97, you have essentially added the button, but will it be wired up in the car to work???

I have a DIC from a 98 GTP in my backseat.. I will try to take QUALITY pics of it disassembled and post them

sorry all i have is my phone.

I have a DIC from a 98 GTP in my backseat.. I will try to take QUALITY pics of it disassembled and post them

sorry all i have is my phone.

Quit buying cars and buy a damn camera :lol:

And your phone sucks at taking pics. I take it its and old 1.3mp one?

not even that! i bought a house. sorry, i have a new sony.. if i can find it. i just moved! stuff is in boxes. I like my samsung slider. i know its older but i really like it better then my old touch od ppc6700

not even that! i bought a house. sorry, i have a new sony.. if i can find it. i just moved! stuff is in boxes. I like my samsung slider. i know its older but i really like it better then my old touch od ppc6700

Ouch.. not even 1.3mp is bad :lol: Thank god my VX11000 is a 3.2mp, takes pics worth looking at so I dont have to carry my Kodak everywhere like the junkyard

But yeah, I will try to get some pics up, maybe tomorrow after work

There's actually 3 different versions of the digital DIC's for the 97-03 models........... the 98-02 is all the same and innerchangable between those years. The 97 is only useable in the 97 because of the no Traction off button, and the 2003 Digital DIC is wired differently and only useable in the 03's I ran into that problem when i tried putting an 02 Digital DIC out of an 02 GT into my 03 GT

It has torque management like any other L67 car, but no actual "traction control". I need to compare a '97 to '98 PCM to see if there's any difference in the tuning itself, but I sort of doubt it.