Do I want my old car back?

supreme_style21

Put the Blazer up on craigslist as a for sale/trade thing. Got an email from a guy wanting to trade. Said he had a '95 GP with a new top end rebuild. Sent me a couple of pictures:

grandprix.jpg

gp2.jpg

The GP that I traded for the Blazer.

Looks like he tinted the windows, put some stripes down it and added some vent visors. I emailed him asking why he had the top end rebuilt and said he had to do the intakes and ended up doing the whole top end. Didn't make sense to me, I had the intakes done at 100k and it's got around 143k on it now. Anyway, I'm thinking of trading back. He says he misses his truck and I sorta miss my car. Should I do it?!

My grandfather always said "never own the same car twice."

haha .. I know. I hated to get rid of that car in the first place. I dunno if it was sentimental value or just that it still ran like a champ, but I slightly regretted trading it for the Blazer. I'm just baffled that he claims he had to have the top end rebuilt. He says it has 143k on it now and I think I traded it off with around 134k in January of this year. I had no sign of it needing ANY kind of engine work then. But who knows, I guess nearly 10k CAN make a difference.

well honestly as much as i want my 94 cutlass back, once i sell a car i do not buy it back becaue nobody takes care of my vehicles like me lol.

by the time i think twice about wanting my other car back I am knee deep into my new one.

They always say never own the same car twice.

Also something seems kind of fishy with the engine

well honestly as much as i want my 94 cutlass back, once i sell a car i do not buy it back becaue nobody takes care of my vehicles like me lol.

Sound advice. In most cases, it has all the problems you remember, and THEN some. Unless you know the owner well, and know for a fact he's just as much an enthusiast, and has the time, means and money to fix/keep the car up, it's a bad idea to buy back an old car.

When I make a really hard decision I flip a coin, but I won't trust anything but a quarter or a 50 cent piece. If it comes up heads go look at the car thoroughly. You know it better than he does and should be able to tell if it's sickly. If it's tails don't look back. Sounds silly but it always works for me, and I'm more logical than a Vulcan.

why do you want to get rid of the blazer?

It doesn't run right and I can't justify putting any more money into a 212k vehicle. I've stuck a few hundred bucks into it to get it to idle right and nothing has helped, so I'm cutting the cord on it. It was nice to have for hauling and stuff, but right now I'd rather have a second car to rack up the miles on for work. I drive 40 miles every day for work and it's really turning up the clicker on my 02 GP.. a lot faster than I want. So it'd be nice to have a car again where I don't care what kind of miles rack up on it.

why do you want to get rid of the blazer?

It doesn't run right and I can't justify putting any more money into a 212k vehicle. I've stuck a few hundred bucks into it to get it to idle right and nothing has helped, so I'm cutting the cord on it. It was nice to have for hauling and stuff, but right now I'd rather have a second car to rack up the miles on for work. I drive 40 miles every day for work and it's really turning up the clicker on my 02 GP.. a lot faster than I want. So it'd be nice to have a car again where I don't care what kind of miles rack up on it.

sounds like a good trade for you then....if he is willing to go back as well even though the truck isn't running right ....