Turbo 3.1 and my old Eurosport

Lee

Yes, don't forget about the William Shatner Warp Speed Package, and if that's beyond your budget then you can opt for the less expensive Kevin Bacon Performance Package. :)

:lol: :lol:

True, although, there's rumors that the two have started working together on a joint effort, I'll ask Bill next time I talk to him if it's true.... (I get it free :read: )

so you may want to hold of on the KBPP and/or the WSWTS

You are talking about a '87 Celebrity Eurosport, right? If so, I'm glad to see that someone else likes Celebritys. This would be a neat project -- I'd love to see one like that.

About 10 years ago, I looked at a '87 Eurosport that was for sale. It was a 2 door 5 speed and fully loaded. The factory 5 speed cars were rare (I think less than 1000 made). I knew at the time that it was rare and I still wish I'd bought it. I've never seen one since then. Around here, I rarely see any Celebritys anymore. Here's mine. It was my first car and has buckets, 2.8 V6 auto, floor console/shifter, and sport suspension.

479084_804115633839261288_vl.jpg

Nice!

Mine was the first year of the composite headlights. And being a Eurosport, it had the Red bumper and molding stripes. My grill was less tall.

I'd like to have seen what one with a center console and buckets looked like. I've seen variations on the 60/40 bench. I put one in mine but it was the plain 60/40.

I'd like to have seen what one with a center console and buckets looked like.

I couldn't find a pic of mine, but here's a '88 with the 5 speed:

482780_1566042155214442662_vl.jpg

The auto console looks the same. The auto shift handle is the "T" style that many other GM cars used (same one in my '89 GP). The bucket seats were the same style (separate headrest) as the ones that started to be used around '82 - '83 in the Monte Carlo & others.

Mine was the first year of the composite headlights. And being a Eurosport, it had the Red bumper and molding stripes. My grill was less tall.

As for the side moldings, did you know that they could also be ordered in white? Not a white stripe like mine, but the whole molding was white. I had the dealer look up molding prices (back in like '91 - probably not available now) and there was a listing for white. Around the same time, I saw a white 4 door Eurosport ('84 - '85, I believe) with the white moldings. That was the only one I've even seen, and it looked pretty neat.

Off the top of my head,

'82-'83: smaller adhesive backed side moldings black w/chrome outline; '82 had an amber segment in the tail lights; grille didn't come up to the top of the head lights.

'84-'85: larger side moldings held on by clips; grille comes up to top of headlights; Eurosport & wagon introduced in '84; FI V6 introduced in '85.

'86: redesigned front & rear; still has quad sealed beam headlights; front turn signals located in bumper, front & rear side markers taken out of fender & quarter panel.

'87: composite headlights; slightly redesigned interior (dash); VR introduced or was that '88.

'88: last year for the 2 door.

'89: last year for the 4 door.

'90: wagon only; 3.1 V6; last year.