De-Modding the GTP.

9lumina6

Not entirely.........but the Gen V and N* TB are going. I'm doing a straight trade for my ZZP headers and ZZP 3'' catback for SLP headers & GMPP catback. Putting my old DHP 1.0 tune back in and just gunna run a basic 3.4'' setup on my Gen 3 blower. I'm basically putting my car back to exactly how it was last sumemr when it was at it's prime. I'm sick of trying to f**c with this tune on this Gen V/ N* setup..............the car STILL is just not running right. I'm throwing in the towel.

I'm going to focus more on appearence mods........I am picking up an SLP Gen 1 spoiler (GTX spoiler) this weekend, and this winter I will be lowering the car. I just want a high 13 second show car..........im so sick of trying to get this damn thing into the 12's.........I've come so close.... but it's just too frustrating/expensive.

how are you tuning it right now?

Had it wideband tuned twice..........i still have my origonal off the shelf DHP 1.0 tune saved on my laptop wich i can put back in......honestly that tune was better.....thats what I ran my 13.3 on and many 13.4's on

Whats so hard about tuning it?

I hanvt the slightest idea how to tune..........i had some1 else do it for me who had a wideband setup......and my car is just being so stubborn.........i give up..... i'm sick of dumping $$ into it trying to get it to run right.......... i'm putting it back to exactly how it was last sumemr accept it'l have SLP headers and a GMPP catback vs stock manifolds/catback and a ZZP 3'' catted DP last year.

if you are having someone else do your tuning that may be your problem. read read read, and scan scan scan. and you should be able to make a tune that actually fits the car.

if you are having someone else do your tuning that may be your problem. read read read, and scan scan scan. and you should be able to make a tune that actually fits the car.

I've read through the tuning notebook that's on all the GP forums quite a few times and honestly it's a foreign language to me........I'm not good with this kind of stuff at all. I only use my powrtuner to scan.......and i still dont even know what 1/2 of the parameter's meen........just KR, AFR, LTFT, STFT, and thats pretty much it..........i dont know what anything else is supposed to be at.