Justine's First Inccident - Pinballed!

boulevard

Pinballed is the term the local PD uses to describe an accident like this. :wink:

My wife and I had plans to go to a birthday party in Romeoville, IL which is about 45mins from where we live. :toot:

I wanted to take Justine (the 2001 Monte Carlo w/ 12.7K) and she wanted to take her older 98 Lumina. We decided to take Justine because there wouldn't be anyone home for the rest of the night and we both didn't want to leave Justine home alone with all the work we have recently have done to her, especially the new DVD touchscreen HU. :cool: The drive out there was fun as we followed my neighbor that was also going to the same party. A few minutes into the party, aka people drinking just to get drunk but not me, I don't drink, we decided to play poker. A few hands in my wifes pocket started beeping. She pulled out Justine's FOB (2-way paging remote) which indicated that there was an impact and we both ran out the house to go see what happened. :willynilly: As we ran out the front door we witnessed a 2-dr Grand Am double parked directly in front of the house, both doors were open and their were 5 people in the car altogether. One of the passengers (which is also the owner) was walking back down the street looking for damage on the cars they stuck. As we got closer he picked up his passenger side mirror off the pavement and started walking back to his car. My wife quickly drilled him with answers and blamed him for the accident. :twisted: (Move out the fukken way). The driver (which was the owners 15yr old little brother) wanted to flea and drive off. I approached the car and read the license plate out loud which deterred them from running. That didn't convince his other 3 friends from running from the scene of the accident. Justine sits with a bigger bumper rash than what she already had, paint rash on the drivers side mirror and a bit of wheel well paint scuffs. It was so dark out I couldn't make out all the damage. When the cops arrived one asked me if I knew who was driving. I told him the younger African American male was or whichever one has the insurance.... :lol:! The driver was arrested and the car was impounded. Yes! :mrgreen: Fukk 'em! I picked up the police report a few hours later at around 1:00am and now I'll post pics.

Justine

img9958z.th.jpgimg9956h.th.jpgimg9953p.th.jpgimg9952.th.jpgimg9959.th.jpg

Neighbors car

img9963i.th.jpgimg9962y.th.jpgimg9961.th.jpgimg9965f.th.jpg

Grand Am

img9971z.th.jpgimg9972.th.jpgimg9973.th.jpgimg9970v.th.jpg

This is why i dont like the park the TGP on the street. Luckily you had the 2-way alarm on it. Otherwise they most likely would have left the scene and you and your neighbor would be SOL. Shouldnt the 15 year old not even have a liscence? Of is it only 15 in IL?

why was he arrested?

trying to flee the scene?

No Drivers License. He was learning to drive for his permit. His older brother, the cars owner, was sitting in the back seat (with two girls) watching and directing him how to drive. That's what the cops we're explaining to me.

This is why i dont like the park the TGP on the street. Luckily you had the 2-way alarm on it. Otherwise they most likely would have left the scene and you and your neighbor would be SOL. Shouldnt the 15 year old not even have a liscence? Of is it only 15 in IL?

It's 16 here in IL too. Police said that he wouldn't be able to get his license until he's 18 now. Sucks for him!

My wife had something similar happen to the Camaro about 2 years ago. It was more like the Grand Am though. They fled. By the time I got there I saw them and chased them to the apartments they live in. The police wouldn't do a think because they were uninsured illegal immigrants. I hate our police. I had to pay our deductible and have out insurance fix it.

Glad it looks like just paint work, but wash it and look for any dents or creases in the metal. Find a good bodyshop.

It's 16 here in IL too. Police said that he wouldn't be able to get his license until he's 18 now. Sucks for him!

Haha. That does suck for him! I bet that makes you feel a little better.

Dang, dude. That remote already paid off. Paint's not cheap! How much did that run ya?

Well the body shops have estimated the repairs to be just under $500 which is my deductible.

The alarm was a Christmas present from my wife years ago. I had it removed from Christine before she hit the junker. It ran me $50 for the uninstall and then $150 for the reinstall with a new remote. That even included the module needed for the remote start. I think I'm gonna fix the driver side through a body shop and then wait for his documentation to come in. Then pursue the cars owner legally. Wish me luck! :biggrin:

My wife had something similar happen to the Camaro about 2 years ago. It was more like the Grand Am though. They fled. By the time I got there I saw them and chased them to the apartments they live in. The police wouldn't do a think because they were uninsured illegal immigrants. I hate our police. I had to pay our deductible and have out insurance fix it.

Glad it looks like just paint work, but wash it and look for any dents or creases in the metal. Find a good bodyshop.

No dents or creases. I washed the car already and it didn't reveal much. I took it to two body's shop. The second one sent the estimator outside to look over my car and he just walked right past the damage, thinking it was on the other side. A simple wet sanding and polish will do for some parts but the side mirror and rear bumper need paint.

Having this happen: Bad

Knowing the kid was arrested: Better.

The owner's little brother was driving the Grand Am. He was not licensed. He's gonna get screwed.

The owner of the Grand Am is responsible. He was no proof of insurance. He's gonna get fucked!

i thought they bumped the age to 18 now for a license in Il, maybe its just that my sister-in-law is that bad of a driver.

anyway that does suck man i wish you luck and it has to be alot better knowing that they didnt get away

The police wouldn't do a think because they were uninsured illegal immigrants.

Doesn't that give them more to do? Wouldn't they just deport them? I don't understand.

it's a Federal issue, so the popo don;t even bother.