Chrylser prototype 3.0 V6 turbo pics link

Guest TurboSedan

Mentioning this engine reminds me of a seminar I took last year, put on by the head of GM and Chrysler Motorsports as the speakers. GM said they had no problem going into someone’s dumpster and swiping intakes and heads, to see how someone else’s R&D worked out. In the first humble statement I have ever heard from GM it was said the best turbo heads out there are from Mitsubishi, they actually flow more on the exhaust side then on the intake side (turbos have not problem feeding the air into the engine, but the poor engine trying to get it out, along with a turbine wheel restriction in the way, but that is another in depth topic).

Mitsubishi eh, respect that, so is someone posting here about a swap of something :? ?

Jeff M

Guest TurboSedan
Mitsubishi eh, respect that, so is someone posting here about a swap of something :? ?

Jeff M

hehehe, nah not really, but my brother does have an Acclaim 3.0 and iTurbo (my other brother) and myself would love to have the time & money to try!!! 8) fwiw, his n/a automatic 3.0 Acclaim would be about dead even in a race with my n/a 3.1/5-speed. i guess i kinda like that mitsu 3.0....mostly because it is alot like the TGP turbo 3.1 V6 (relatively), but mmmmmmm.....SOHC!!! iTurbo and i already have five turbocharged/5-speed cars to work on between the both of us (4 of them being TD's) so our hands are full 8)

joshua

....that tennis ball would fly! :lol:

interesting... maybe some of these ideas would work on my Z...

I want turbo... I'd be happy with a TGP too.... just 'cuz it's impressive sounding and such, and, in a FWD turbo is a bit easier to handle.... I think.... I've never driven or ridden in anything that has a turbo... well, a Semi... but yeah.... lol

I'm on a small quest to learn as much about turbo as I can :roll:

Bolt, the FWD turbos can be a handfull. Drive a FWD Turbo Eclipse(or other DSM), TORQUE STEER!! The boost hits and nearly rips the wheel out of your hand. The TGP isnt as bad, but not as powerful either. Mine does it with its mnods, but thats before it cooks the trans.

ON the other hand a rwd Turbo can be fun. My Supra for instance has an interesting problem called bog or boil. If you take off without building boost, it will bog a bit. But is you build boost and arent sitting on slicks, it fries the tires like no tomorrow.

The Ultimate-- AWD!!!! I had a Talon TSI and once the transfer case recal was done, I could launch under boost at about 4500 rpm and GO LIKE HELL!! We modded the T-case on my Stealth and the thing would actually bounce a little on take off(all 4 tires trying to spin, 7000 rpm launch baby). But I would be through the 60ft before most poeple were done spinning tires.

• 2 months later...

thats not a prototype guys, sorry.

It belongs to a kid from texas. He posts on a few messegeboards that I know some of you go on like ZachS. He built a turbo motor out of the 3.0 mitsu in his lebaron convertable. He drives a lex SC300 now that is going to get a turbo on that too. The car was mid to low 14s and not too much cash invested into it.

Bolt, the FWD turbos can be a handfull. Drive a FWD Turbo Eclipse(or other DSM), TORQUE STEER!! The boost hits and nearly rips the wheel out of your hand.

HeHeHeee!!! My 1987 Sunbird GT Convert Turbo car was hilariously bad with torque steer! A friend of mine would say it was like a rifle...make sure you have it pointed in the right direction before you even think about putting you "foot" on the trigger! :lol:

I have a 1990 Dodge Spirit with the 3.0L Mitsubishi motor in it and for a N/A car it will move right along. Plenty of room under the hood of that car for a turbo conversion too!! :yikes: I just put an 02 sensor on it and when I saw the size of the exhaust pipe running down from the cross-over I just about shit! The OD was 2.78"!! :shock: