Put the 93 grand prix up for sale today

dylan1630

I put my 93 grand prix se up for sale today. I got one call, but the guy didn't want it because it has 148k on the body, even though it's in good shape. There's 87k on the motor. I'm hoping to sell it within a few weeks, i'm going to miss it though :/

Anyone complaining about 148K on a car over twelve years old needs a clue. 12K/year on a '93 means average mileage should be 184,000 and approaching 196,000 so 148K with half that on the engine is a gift.

Thanks man, I wish everyone had as much knowledge as you about that kind of stuff. I'm depending on selling this car to get the audi i want and if i don't sell this car in time... no audi. :(

Advertise it as having 148k but have 87k on the motor, and that the car looks like an 87k car.

My Z has 141k now, but 60ishk on the engine, and looks like a 60k car.

The best thing you can do to get that sort of money for it is to take BIG detailed pics, and host them OFF CL. Link to them in the ad, but don't let the pictures become external links or the flag nazis will get you. Big 1440x900 pictures are good, and they'll fill a 19 inch widescreen monitor which is typical these days. Get about 8 shots outside (F, RF, RS, RR, R, LR, LS, LF) and then go for a closeup of the front end from down low, same out back, get shots of the rockers to prove no rust, several shot underhood, a couple of the trunk, and get hysterical with your interior shots. Both door panels, glovebox, console, center stack, radio/AC, cluster, odometer, steering wheel, each seat, the headliner, package shelf, carpets, and the window controls on the door panels. People get sick over that sort of thing and they will pay more sight unseen for something if they can zoom right in on it.

Oh, and before taking those pictures, detail the ever-loving shit out of it. And I mean on your hands and knees with damp Q-tips and all that. Or pay someone $100 or so to do it for you. Not off CL. Go to a boutique car lot that sells Euro Trash and ask them for a detail shop recommendation.

Advertise it as having 148k but have 87k on the motor, and that the car looks like an 87k car.

My Z has 141k now, but 60ishk on the engine, and looks like a 60k car.

More like a 24k car, modest mouse.

The best thing you can do to get that sort of money for it is to take BIG detailed pics, and host them OFF CL. Link to them in the ad, but don't let the pictures become external links or the flag nazis will get you. Big 1440x900 pictures are good, and they'll fill a 19 inch widescreen monitor which is typical these days. Get about 8 shots outside (F, RF, RS, RR, R, LR, LS, LF) and then go for a closeup of the front end from down low, same out back, get shots of the rockers to prove no rust, several shot underhood, a couple of the trunk, and get hysterical with your interior shots. Both door panels, glovebox, console, center stack, radio/AC, cluster, odometer, steering wheel, each seat, the headliner, package shelf, carpets, and the window controls on the door panels. People get sick over that sort of thing and they will pay more sight unseen for something if they can zoom right in on it.

Oh, and before taking those pictures, detail the ever-loving shit out of it. And I mean on your hands and knees with damp Q-tips and all that. Or pay someone $100 or so to do it for you. Not off CL. Go to a boutique car lot that sells Euro Trash and ask them for a detail shop recommendation.

GOOD advise! That's the only way you'll sell her over 3. Our love for W-bodies can often warp our sense of resale :lol: