Opportunity knocks? Anybody looking at doing a 6 spd swap?

Imp558

Just visited milzymotorsports.com, and they're looking for testers This is from their site:

"We need your help!

We've been wanting to develop some new products, and we're having a hard time finding guinea pigs mostly since we haven't advertized that we wanted to do it, so here goes ... These are the projects we're currently looking to do:

-6 speed transmission swap into 99-05 Grand Am - $3500

-3800 Supercharged swap into 99-05 Grand Am - $5500

-6 speed transmission swap into W-body vehicle - $4000

These prices include all the parts and labor needed to complete the job. Prices are for the guinea pig only, the actual price listed on the website will most likely go up once we figure out the exact cost of the project.

So if you or anyone you know is interested in any of the projects, just e-mail me at mikem@milzymotorsports.com with the subject of one of the projects above."

I learned my lesson from other ppl that have. I wouldnt support them. Ive talked to him a few times, good guy indeed, bu I prefer 60*v6. Ben has always treated me great with the stuff Ive bought from him.

Not only has GPchris installed his own six speed in a w-body, but it's also been done to a second gen on GPONA and I'm almost positive somebody has done it to a GA GT as well. And I'm sure they all spend less than those "test mule" prices.

Milzy's advantage is that they sell some stuff that I think isn't available anywhere else even from Ben on 60V6, like DOHC headers (for $1000 though!)

So... YOU pay THEM to rip apart your car and use it as a test mule with shit they're not even sure works?

Right............

Yeah. No thanks. I think the "does not want" pic belongs here.

Funny, I just bought a 99 Monte Harness off of him for my L67 swap. Definitely a nice guy, was more than willing to give me pointers, but then he tried selling me one of his reprogrammed pcms. Uh I think I'll deal with my ABS not working in order to save 250 bucks, lol. Or just buy one of those ZZP pcms. But again, I'll experiment and try it out myself.

Oh and here you are runt.

:eek:

Well, I can safely say I could care less about ABS.

But on a side note, anyone knows what I need to do to get that PCM (99 Regal GS) working on the 99 Monte Harness? Someone got pinouts for both? Or am I lucky and mostly plug and play (except the ABS part which Mike mentioned to me).