help with interior lights/fuse!

douellette

everytime i put a new fuse in for the interior lights in it blows within a week. the only thing that stops working are the interior lights, everything else works fine. anyone else have this problem? or know what i should be looking for? thanks.

p.s. the car is a 97 cutlass

IIRC that fuse covers your trunk lamp, courtesy lamps and visor vanity lamps.

A shorted bulb maybe. I would be looking at the wiring to the bulbs for a short.

I've found visor mounting screws thru the wiring and also trunk wiring pinched

under the rear shelf. Just a couple of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Check your cigarette lighter, it may be shorting

out. Just leave it out and see if the fuse

continue to blow

are you talking about the actual cigarette lighter or the aux one? and your saying to take the lighter out, replace the fuse and see if that fixes it?

Check your cigarette lighter, it may be shorting

out. Just leave it out and see if the fuse

continue to blow

are you talking about the actual cigarette lighter or the aux one? and your saying to take the lighter out, replace the fuse and see if that fixes it?

yes take the lighter out.. replace fuse and see what happens

Sacrifice a goat, dip the replacement fuse in it's blood before installing, then wash the entire car in holy water. If that doesn't fix it try pulling all the bulbs and replacing them one at a time to see if one makes a difference and do a good visual of the sockets and wiring that you can see like 95 vert suggested. Kind of an odd suggestion, "like the goat wasn't", you could jump the fuse with an old seat belt buzzer and shake and poke at shit till it buzzes loud. I've done that at the battery and pulled fuses to find a circuit that was draining the battery fast.