Well, someone did save my Regal from the junkyard, whole.

sethstorm

Yes, I indeed did send my Regal off to the junkyard a few months back, but someone did save it. As far as I could see, it looks virtually unchanged save for being a bit cleaner.

I just hope they took care of the blown gaskets and the oil leak.

regal_jy.jpg

What junkyard did you take it to?

Valley Street(quite far up from downtown).

From what I've heard, it was bought back months earlier but that's been the first I ever could confirm it was indeed on the road.

Honestly, I thought the car would have been parted out, crushed or on a C4C lot.

That cars BA. Someone needs to drive it into the ground. :cool:

Well, that's why I didn't mind driving it with the occasional flooring. The upside is that the transmission was still solid given the miles on it.

It had too many issues w/ it internally that put it deep into "enthusiast" territory. Some of the repairs from the owner before me were done a bit haphazardly (drilled screw into the door panel for the trim, attempted foglight delete w/o actually removing the wiring and bulbs, and the center console hinge broken).

Ugh, those guys are dicks.

Already had the Aurora and was in need of getting rid of the car.

What was your experience w/ them?

Just going in there couple years ago on multiple occasions and they act generally disinterested and quote me insane prices on parts that I then went to other yards and bought for half of what they wanted. They just act like they've never had to talk to other people in their lives and there's no reason to do business like that.

Riverside Auto Salvage and Affordable are my favorite junkyards here in Dayton.

why did you junk it in the first place!?? would no one buy it with those problems?

thats a good looking 1st gen GS !

I was looking at a ton of engine work. It was drivable, but was on borrowed time.

I did wait until the meet in Dayton, but couldn't make it. Second, it was on Craigslist and was getting no feelers for it.

Yes, after checking records, it was Valley Auto Parts. I'll keep your advice in mind should I need to do any junkyard runs.