HP tuners

dodgethis

Hey would I really see a difference if i dropped around $300 to $400 for a turner on my 3100? I mean is there any real big benefit to have one? If there is what could I be looking at?

you can modify a lot of things to your preference and almost as far as you're willing to learn (trans shift points, ignition timing, fueling, fan turn-on times, etc). A heavily modded powertrain will benefit greatly from a tune when compared to a stock one. $300ish is a good deal though! (depending on how many credits are left)

ok, is every 3100 different? I mean what im asking is say I get one, do yall use a tuned script that you just throw into the tuner and use it, or does every 3100 have to be tuned to whatever is best for it? I hope that makes since, I guess what I am saying is that if its subjective to whatever "you" want tuned, do you guys have a simple list that says the shift points do well at this value on the 4t60e, or the fuel trim does better at this value than whats stock? I figure you can really screw things up very quickly if you don't know what your doing, and I don't know once you burn the prom, can you go back to a reverted "backup" copy.

Well there's sort of a rough set of parameters that most engines of the same type will benefit from (usually referred to as a "canned tune"), but EVERY motor would benefit most from a custom tune based on scanning of your vehicle. Sometimes there can be varience between different cars, usually due to mileage/wear, weight, equipment, mods, elevation and geographic location, type of gasoline additives in your area, etc

Just save the stock tune just in case and revert back if you have to.

Well there's sort of a rough set of parameters that most engines of the same type will benefit from (usually referred to as a "canned tune"), but EVERY motor would benefit most from a custom tune based on scanning of your vehicle. Sometimes there can be varience between different cars, usually due to mileage/wear, weight, equipment, mods, elevation and geographic location, type of gasoline additives in your area, etc

Just save the stock tune just in case and revert back if you have to.

If you do it, I'd recommend getting a second PCM, and keep your original as a back-up, just in case.