3.1 performance pushrods

SmoothSteve3

Hey guys-

Has anyone made any progress with the 3.1 MPFI performace 1.6 ratio pushrods and rockerarms? Last I heard, there was a slight problem with the guide plates or what not.......

SmoothSteve3

1990 Chevy Lumina

3.1 Liter V-6

Ride on White Lightning

Umm, whats wrong with the guide plates? I read about this somewhere else but like a week past and i couldnt find the topic to ask the question. Im just wondering because im also thinking about putting the 3100 1.6ratio rockers in my 3.1L. Thanks

Jon89le, if you put 3100 roller rockers on a 3.1L, some machining of the heads has to be done to allow for clearance.

SmoothSteve3, yeah, for me, the pushrods rubbed the guideplates too much (due to the 1.6s), and caused them to vibrate too much, and eventually they would break. I am going to look into machining the guideplates to allow for the 1.6s, but I havent had time yet (or a spare motor to work with). Hopefully, I can get it done this year some time

Robby

some machining of the heads has to be done to allow for clearance.

Clearance for what? Like whats interfering? Would it matter if i said i had iron head studs? I got them to make my system adjustable.

If you use the 3100 roller rockers, grooves in the head for the pushrods need to be machined a little so the pushrods wont rub. The adjustable studs dont matter. Besides, the only 1.6 stock rockers are off of 2000+ (I think) 3400s. 3100s up until 97 had 1.5 rockers like the 3.1L 97+ had 1.5 roller rockers

Robby