Electrical and transmission Issues

yackel

I have a 96 GTP with the 3.4L DOHC that I have had for awhile but its been sitting in the yard for about a year. I have been trying to drive it and its been doing some odd things with the transmission. It Used to be that first and reverse would slip until it got to like 3k rpm then it would slam in gear and go. I put some lucas transmission slip fix in it and let it sit some more. I got the car out the other day because the computer went out of my truck. Now reverse and first work at low rpm and slip at a higher rpm. Until I drive the car 10 or 15 miles then everything works great until the car sits and cools off. Thats the transmission part of my problem. The electrical part is at random my power windows will quit working until I shut the car off and let it sit for a couple minutes then start it back up and then they work. And Lastly my blower fan works on all speeds but high, no idea why. If anybody could enlighten me on whats wrong with it I would greatly appreciate it.

lucas additive is worthless... or even damaging. Have you ever changed the transmission filter and fluid???

you have a 4t60e. you will have a vacuum modulator on the front of the tranny that affects the 1-2 shift. unhook it from the vacuum feed and turn it face down. if fluid comes out, replace it.

As for the blower, there is a resistor pack on the bottom of the HVAC box, wait... that does everything but high speed. there is a relay very near the fan that feeds direct power for the fan only in HIGH mode... find it. it has 5 wires:

they are:

DARK BLUE

ORANGE

ORANGE (thicker)

PURPLE

BLACK

if you short the thicker ORANGE wire to the purple wire, that will make the fan have high. If you do so with a jumper wire, and high comes on your relay is bad.

• 3 weeks later...