Turn signal switch/brake lights

cpa5oh

I've searched the archives in regards to a problem I'm having where my taillights don't function properly unless I pull the turn signal stalk slightly towards the steering wheel (as if I were putting on the high beams.)

Everyone in the threads I viewed said that the turn signal switch would need replaced. I've found one online for about $50, but I'm not sure that it is the correct piece...can someone reassure me from the picture that I'd be ordering the right piece if I ordered this:

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/5ohcpa/D6214A.jpg

I realize that this may not be representative of the EXACT piece, but it should be darn close (I have no idea what a turn signal switch looks like or whether you guys were talking about the actual turn signal switch or something else.)

Thanks in advance,

Dan

95 Regal

pull the wheel and clean the switch and bend the pins out and it should work

for the break lights check your switch on the pedal (i think)

redfox or shawn aka gnatgosplat might be able to help more

good luck

I guess I could do that...

I'm pretty sure it IS the turn signal switch, though...brake lights work fine when I pull back on the lever...or whatever it's called (stalk.)

I'm just wondering if what's displayed in that picture is it?

yes and no. thats what it looks like, but on w-bodys the big main part (with the hole in the middle) has the turn signal switch/stalk attached to it, and there is 1 more of those connector things (the long ones with wires going into it) all in all there are 2 long connectors with one of them that has 2 wires (green and yellow i believe) that go to a small white plug. the picture that you have is kinda like what the switch looks like, but its not all there

I guess I could do that...

I'm pretty sure it IS the turn signal switch, though...brake lights work fine when I pull back on the lever...or whatever it's called (stalk.)

I'm just wondering if what's displayed in that picture is it?

Yes, that picture is the steering column turn-signal switch (actual model may vary).

Pulling the signal / CC towards you, huh? Hmm... could be a conjunction of the brake switch too.

The W-Body brake switch (on the brake pedal) has had a frame-wide recall and know to foul out.

But, before rippin' everything apart, go with PaPaPooh's ideas and check all connections.

Also, try to isolate the problem; hopefully it's only one problem creating multiple issues.

- Erik