Grand Prix-Cutlass door handle swap?

brianstarr58

I have a 1993 Grand Prix that i'm not using right now and I bought a d/s door handle for it last year. The d/s door handle on my 95 Cutlass Vert just broke. Will the door handle from my 93 Grand prix fit my 95 Cutlass Vert.

i just had to replace ne on my car. the cheapest i could find was rock auto, and that was half the price of the others. with all the junkyards around me, thats one of the first things to be pulled from these cars.

I had to do this, i first got one off a beretta i think, they looked exactly the same, but OF COURSE it didn't fit. My dad found a brand new one somewhere the next day and i put it on, it was for a grand prix. I don't think the cutlass one will work either.

Check ebay. New handles can be had on there for ~$15.

Right. Thank God for E-Bay. I got mine for $24.99. It worked after I wrote back to you guys and told me how to make the adjustment to the rods.

Check ebay. New handles can be had on there for ~$15.

For Cutlass? I haven't been able to find Cutlass door handles for less than about $25 shipped.

Grand Prix handles are very differently shaped than Cutlass ones and won't even remotely begin to fit. I've tried. ;)

I was at a pontiac dealer getting bolts for my grand prix and i saw a door handle just like on the grand prix sitting on the desk brand new, so i'd assume you can order them from the dealer

Make sure to get an OEM one. I got an aftermarket for my Cutlass about a year ago because cash was tight. Big mistake. When I opened the box I could already tell it wasn't the same quality. It was so much cheaper I just went with it. I have put maybe 7,000 miles on the Cutlass since then and the door handle is already about to break again. What a POS.