HALP Hi-Beam Massacre! (OMG now with VIDEO!) NOW SOLVED!!

4door Intl

I *think* the sound comes from the convenience centre and there's lots of crazy crap there including the chimer. I may head out again tonight to see if i can get a more entertaining video. Maybe i'll even plug the hi-beam bulb connectors in again so it's not just the low beams flashing but both.

I believe,and I may be wrong, that if you were to replace your turn signal switch the problem would go away. I think that there is a short in there that crossing headlight circuit with turn signal circuit and that is causing your flashing. Try and locate where the noise is coming from and eliminate turn signal flasher or unplug flasher and see if headlight still flash.

I think that's the normal click when the hi-beams are engaged multiplied by LOL...

Artemis i'm doontoon, near Carlton and Parliament. You?

Im at woodbine and danforth, in the upper beaches.

I believe,and I may be wrong, that if you were to replace your turn signal switch the problem would go away. I think that there is a short in there that crossing headlight circuit with turn signal circuit and that is causing your flashing. Try and locate where the noise is coming from and eliminate turn signal flasher or unplug flasher and see if headlight still flash.

That sounds like it. It's the type of flashing you would get from a signal light that would have a bulb burned out.

there has been no update... BUMP???

i think the dimmer switch broke internally and the circuit breaker is causing the flashing. the flashed in right above the accelerator pedal on this car, not the convenience center.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys! It's been a while since i thought about this problem as i was hesistant to cut a wire, so i just turned my headlights on each time i drove and that prevented the indicator super raver show...

Anyway, i was at the wreckers on the weekend and i spotted a similar vintage Supreme with a semi-detached steering column (pre airbag square shape). Now i had assumed that the hi-beam actuator was in the middle of the column where it's near impossible to get to, but once i checked out the half disassembled column i noticed that there is actually a connecting rod between where the stalk presses in which travels down to a hi-beam mechanism eight inches below that! It's completely separate from the turn signal stalk (and easily accessible once the under wheel trim is removed) I cut the wires and pulled the part but had to splice wires on my car as the mechanism is hard wired without a connector for some reason. Now i have hi-beams for the first time since 2000! And to think if someone hadn't pulled apart that column at the wreckers before me i wouldn't have even looked...