what are the best type of seats for a cutlass?

cutlsp

what type of seats should i have in my cutlass  

1 member has voted

1. 1. what type of seats should i have in my cutlass

• quad bucket seats
    • front buckets and rear bench

okay i've had 2 formal bucket seat fuck up on my in my cutlass. my question is are the seats with the air bags built into them better then the formal bucket seats? i think the formal ones a better looking but the ones with the air bags in them are more comfortable. i think i should get some and recover them to be like new what do you guys think?

88-91 has the airbags in the seats for lumbar, headrest, and such.

The ones in that Cutty convertible would not have airbags.

Personally, I think the 88-91 seats with airbags are more comfy and supportive than the 92-97 style, except they're more fragile. The plastic base acts as part of the support and breaks easily.

hhhmm....I've never sat in the seats with the air bags....but I've got the leather buckets in my cutty and those seats are COMFY! For the first time ever my butt did not get tired on a road trip and it was 10 hours long of straight driving (with a 5 minute stop here and there)......my butt was comfy the whole way.

although I am a large guy and you can tell these seats aren't made for bigger ppl (I'm 6'2", 280) because the little support things on the side on the bottom part of the seat (the part you sit on) have basically become flattened because they won't stay "fluffy" with my weight and now the leather on the side of the seat is cracked because all the padding has been forced down and out.....

but other than me being fat.....

I love the cutty leather seats from my 94

okay so the ones out of a 1989 cutlass supreme international i found in a junk yard will help make it more comfortable going down the highway on long trips thanks GnatGoSplat i will buy the whole interior minus the headliner and carpet but the rest will be mine:D does anyone know if they 1989 cutlass supreme international wiring harness work in my 1988 cutlass supreme sl. can any one help me get new suspension parts or will a 97 cutlass supreme suspension work for mine? any ways thanks for the info on those seats i'll buy then now. oh and where are the exterior sensors on a 1989 cutlass supreme since they are not on the 1988 cause this one has a dic in it that i'm going to keep or sell and use that slot for the turbo timer that controls both of my t4 turbos.

Keep in mind that I might be the only one that likes the 88-91 seats. :)

I know Brian likes the 92-97 style better.

I think an 89 wire harness should work in an 88. 97 suspension parts should work. Exterior sensors? What sensor do you mean? If you mean the temperature sensor, it's behind the bumper, in front of the condenser mounted to a brace in the middle.

thanks for the info on the tempature sensor location and that the 97 parts will work on mine they can take a little more abuse can't they? also the fact that the 1989 wiring harness would work or could i just pull pull out the tempature sensor and wire it into my 1988 wiring harness? since i don't need a new one but i will pull out the interior wiring harness and use that one. so do you know what the suspension class is on a 97 cutlass supreme sl? i do not know i think its fe3 or better am i right?

No, the 97 parts aren't any more durable, they're the same as the 88 parts.

The temperature sensor won't work in your 88 unless you also swap in the automatic climate control, so in your 88, there's no place to wire it.

I think FE3 and FE1 were both available in 97.

well that good to know that 97 i'm going to take the suspension off of is a dohc 3.4. so i guess its stronger then my current suspension that good to know. thanks again GnatGoSplat you sure know a lot about these cars

88-91 has the airbags in the seats for lumbar, headrest, and such.

The ones in that Cutty convertible would not have airbags.

Personally, I think the 88-91 seats with airbags are more comfy and supportive than the 92-97 style, except they're more fragile. The plastic base acts as part of the support and breaks easily.

mmmmk.. I thought you meant an actual airbag.. that like deploys in a crash. my bad.

well that good to know that 97 i'm going to take the suspension off of is a dohc 3.4. so i guess its stronger then my current suspension that good to know. thanks again GnatGoSplat you sure know a lot about these cars

the 97 Cutlass didnt have a 3.4 only a 3100, 96 and older cars did. Only the Lumina and Monte Carlo got the 3.4 in 97.

oh well they all look the same to me since they have mini-quad head lights i guess it was my mistake. they told me it was a 95-97 i guess it was a 96 or a 95 oh well i'm going to strip it anyways. it is a stronger suspension right?