92 Z34, What's it worth? UPDATE!

ss427

I inquired about it and went back and forth with the owner several times. I am waiting to hear back since my last message to him

Steve

Holy crap! You found him! What's the scoop? That was my dream childhood car.

Maui Blue was a 1993-1994 color only. There were no 1992's.

Seconding the "fail" BS. Knock it off.

I had no idea. This 300 mile Lumina is sounding more sketchy by the second, which sucks. It's frustrating, but very exciting. I want to see this Lumina and offer him Gs for it.

Honestly I'd say the car should be worth $10k

$10,000, really? I was fearing that. I don't want to take out a loan for a 1992. I'd pay $250 in airfare to see this puppy, though, and then who knows what could happen?

Finally heard back from the owner. After talking to me and hearing my opinion on his initial asking price, he decided to hang onto and enjoy the car himself. The car is not Maui Blue, but rather Dark Sapphire blue, according to the window sticker. It also appears the car was delivered to a Chevrolet regional zone office (not sure).. but definitely a special order car. He lives in California and will be driving the car back there in the next week. I will be arranging a meeting with him to get pictures of the car and all the documentation sometime this week hopefully, as I know people on here will want to see this thing just as much as I do.

Steve

$3,000

$3,000? Are you effing kidding me? That's crazy talk. He was asking THREE THOUSAND dollars and nobody bought it? I'd give him $3,000 and MY Z34 for it. I don't understand.

Also, did you offer him anything for the car? I'm very curious about the conversation.

Hope he shows up here on w-body.

Holy crap, he'd better.