92 Z34, What's it worth? UPDATE!

ss427

I just found out about a 92 Z34 5 speed for sale with 300 original miles. The original owner ordered the car with every option, but didn't realize the car came with gears and the auto was optional, and he gave it to his grandson who never used it and is now selling. The car has all the original paperwork and is Maui blue. Just curious what this thing might be worth, and does it make sense if acquired to use it, or to preserve it in its current condition.

Steve

Holy crap. Reading this slowed my breathing down. That's insanely low miles. Is everything in perfect order or is it mouse-infested/not running/dry rotted everywhere? When I was younger, I wanted to go back in time, buy a 5-speed Z34 and put it in a storage unit for when I turned 16. Sounds like a dream come true. I'd pay $7,500 for it. Where's it at?

it all depends on where the car was stored. you guys are excited too easily. if it were in a garage with a cover on it then it would be worth some money. if it sat outside then it would worth considerably less. if it sat in a field, its worth the price of the drivetrain.

it all depends on where the car was stored. you guys are excited too easily. if it were in a garage with a cover on it then it would be worth some money. if it sat outside then it would worth considerably less. if it sat in a field, its worth the price of the drivetrain.

until a vehicle either hits a high mileage (>100K) or is visibly fucked, i wouldn't leave outside for any longer than it takes to wash and dry it...

Hey still was able to pull parts of the original posting off google.

There's pieces missing because I can only get bits of it at a time, so fill in the blanks.

"Date: 2009-07-23, 8:09AM EDT Reply to: sale-tdmk3-1284473520@craigslist.org. I am selling a really nice blue lumina2dr. This car has really low miles. The story is that my grand parents wanted a Lumina coupe so they went into the city to the chevy dealership in late 1991 and ordered a lumina with every option.The problem was that my grandpa goofed and the car was delivered with a manual trans. He drove it for a week and put about 200 miles on the car. When he decided that he could no longer use a manual trans, he offered my me the car so my parents bought it for me (I was 17 at the time). My grandpa later bought another lumina, very similar but with an auto trans. Unfortunately, I lived in CA at the time and still do to this day. I do know my grandpa started the car once every month and moved it out of the garage and back to keep it fresh so it now has about 300 miles. I rarely get to Maine as it is and have only driven the car twice. Call or email me with questions or if you would like to view the car, I will put you in contact with my grandpa Rick.

Sorry, no phone number provided within posts that I can find

I'm still looking for additional information. awaiting results

technically there were no 92' maui blue cars IIRC, and I could be wrong on that. but most likely he is talking a 93'

Also, Ken, if you feel the need to keep posting "FAIL" you will be going on holiday.

Maui Blue was a 1993-1994 color only. There were no 1992's.

Didn't know this.

me neither! are you sure? could a late 92 be ordered this way??? or even just special ordered?

Anything can happen with the general.... so who knows it could be a 92' and maui blue. I'm checking my documentation now on color options, I may or may not get definitive proof.