94' Cutlass Supreme Issues

Stevo

Long story short. There is a 94' Coupe across the street from me visiting a neighbor. I started helping him replace non-functioning parts from my 94' Coupe and the interesting fact is that there are a shit load of differences all too subtle but are annoying.

My car... 93' CS Coupe 3.4Dohc International

His car... 94' CS Coupe 3100 SL w/ HUD and no Ground Effects.

For starters, we swapped out his partially non-functioning cluster (Gas Gauge was not working but turns out his voltmeter and speedometer were either non-functioning or inaccurate). He took my cluster and put his odometer into it (his-298000km vs mine-186000km). His the cluster worked but he is now missing his AIRBAG light so I am guessing it's a minor issue for now.

Next was the RKE. His transmitter worked intermittently, he was able to directly plug the cable into the antenna ground which according to my 93' book is not possible without a wire to make the bridge. It seems that GM removed one of the two connections in the receiver because when he plugged mine in it blew the fuse. I'm thinking that it's an issue up front because he had a stereo installation that was a hack job (they broke several plastic connections and brackets including the right side drooping down. The airbag in the 94's the column got changed and despite the similarity between the two, some parts are not interchangeable like the dash bezel. Is there a different method for reprogramming the 94's RKE or is the RECEIVING UNIT malfunctioning and needs to be replaced WITH a 94' RKE UNIT, or is there a wire somewhere grounded out?

the 93 and 94 clusters are different. you just took away his security light and airbag light, as they don't exist on the 93 cluster. Uou need to reinstall his cluster, but you may be able to repair some of the internal stuff on his cluster with yours... since i believe the internal boards would be the same. His was most likely not working were due to a loose (or stripped) screw.

I don't know about the receiver box.... but it is probably 94 only, as well!

I told him to keep his original gear but he tossed it. He wanted my cluster and did what he wanted with it. I think the plastic circuit board on the back was screwed because all the connections were tight but some of the circuits looked 'bent' or broken, if it wasn't screwed then, it is now because he left it out in the hurricane we had on Sunday.

As for his RKE, I think his receiving unit is toast because his doors did not cycle when he connected the wire.