3.4 DOHC guys - need your help.

92turboLE

Ok, so in my other thread i mentioned the head gasket going out. Well more recent news is that i may be able to pick up a buddys car for $600.

It is a 92 Lumina Z34. The car itself is trashed. the interior isnt worth a shit and the exterior - well it is alright at best - new paint would do alot, but anyway. i know there was someone on here that did a turbo setup on the DOHC. (too lazy to use the search function). How hard was the turbo setup to get installed and working properly and how much of a pain in the ass is it to do a motor and tranny swap?

the motor i think has about 140K on it and runs fine. I would probly do a basic rebuild on it before i swapped it (rings, bearing, cams if i can get em, port and polish *more then basic but why not* and have the head planed and cylenders honed)

Also, my current tranny, the reverse is going out... would i just be better off buying this car, pulling the motor as is with the tranny and doing the swap??? I know the tranny in the Z34 is good too.

- Justin

TimG and RedZMonte did the turbo DOHC Monte Carlo.

It was so much hard to install the turbo rather than manufactoring / fabricating parts to bolt.

All the flanges, exhaust manifolds, down pipe and intake piping was built on site.

The rest has been talked about; use SEARCH! :D

- Erik

ok, perhaps i put the wrong em-fasas on the wrong sil-lable, or thing anyway... im mnore concerned if the swap would be worth it and what would need to be done. Is it pretty much straight foreward and drop in???

help me out

- Justin

Too Bad

:lol:

search young one, search :wink: :lol:

ass :x

lol

:D

- Justin

:lol: :lol: :D

I only say that 'cuz I can't remember everything off the top of my head

although, I should... I'm gonna be doing it to my Z after I get my 6 speed... (not that the WSWSTS isn't any good, just that sometimes he scares away people that look under my hood, lol, can't get an oil change!)

hows the shattner turbo setup goin for ya???

how much boost ya runnin??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, back on topic, any help is great and im still too lazy to search. lol

not really, but im trying to do a million things at once right now and dont have time

- Justin

not really, but im trying to do a million things at once right now and dont have time

- Justin

Yet you post in this thread 4 times ;)

hows the shattner turbo setup goin for ya???

how much boost ya runnin??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Justin

for the street, I run about 20 lbs of boost, giving me about 600HP at the crank (The Shatner is very efficient) for the Autobahns, and salt flats and such, I run about 42lbs boost, letting me hit speeds as high as 1/2 Impulse! I plan on hitting warp one later next year.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5810

for the street, I run about 20 lbs of boost, giving me about 600HP at the crank (The Shatner is very efficient) for the Autobahns, and salt flats and such, I run about 42lbs boost, letting me hit speeds as high as 1/2 Impulse! I plan on hitting warp one later next year.

Freakin sweet man.

Ok, back on topic. It has to be worth it.

- Justin

Yet you post in this thread 4 times ;)

posting is quick, sifting through threads trying to find anything useful takes time. :evil:

:D :D :D

- Justin