UB3 mileage

thatcutteeboy

Hey guys I have a friend that works for a company that might be able to adjust the mileage on our UB3 clusters. I don't want to release the info until I know for sure. I will be sending mine in to them and if it could be done I will keep you all posted. All they say is needed is a notarized document of the mileage that's on your car now or you could send your original cluster in with the UB3. The most important part is that it is really not that expensive. I'll keep you all posted.

sounds like a good deal. would they also be able to do this to another electronic cluster from a different vehicle? say from a base impala or monte cluster to a rally cluster? at least i think that's what they're called.

Nice i would be very interested in this since i should be getting mt ub3 adapter today and i will be going to junkyard this weekend to get myself a lumina bade cluster to gut.

sounds like a good deal. would they also be able to do this to another electronic cluster from a different vehicle? say from a base impala or monte cluster to a rally cluster? at least i think that's what they're called.

They do work for all GM dealership and Fords

• 2 weeks later...

I've been able to adjust the UB3 clusters *forward* by applying a sine wave, from a signal generator, or a computer sound card (with a booster amp).

But if this outfit can adjust them in *reverse*, please, post the source.

can't you just keep going foward till it goes back to 0 :question:

no. it locks at the maximum amount it can show. someone did tried and locked the one they were trying at the maximum amount. probably 262164 miles. :P there exists a thread if anyone can find it.

but... if you could isolate the chip that the mileage info is on... a new chip to replace it would probably start you out at zero!

There's a guy on Ebay that can set the digital clusters to whatever mileage is needed. I think he mostly works on the 1st gen of w digital clusters that had the error message after 199999 km's or miles. He has a small stock of them and you send him yours and he sends you one of his repaired modules.

There's a guy on Ebay that can set the digital clusters to whatever mileage is needed. I think he mostly works on the 1st gen of w digital clusters that had the error message after 199999 km's or miles. He has a small stock of them and you send him yours and he sends you one of his repaired modules.

I think that was the 1st gen Cutlass clusters only that did that. The digital cluster on my 89 GP showed 224,000 miles and still worked perfectly.

I think that was the 1st gen Cutlass clusters only that did that. The digital cluster on my 89 GP showed 224,000 miles and still worked perfectly.

REGALs are the ones that did that.

Regals werent the ones that did that. The ones that i've seen all the time have been the base cutlass digital dashes. The Base regal digital dashes have a regular (IE. Non-Digital) odometer, and the UB3 ones generally roll over without issue. I've got 2 of them here with over 300 000 km on each. They've rolled over 199999 obviously.

Regals werent the ones that did that. The ones that i've seen all the time have been the base cutlass digital dashes. The Base regal digital dashes have a regular (IE. Non-Digital) odometer, and the UB3 ones generally roll over without issue. I've got 2 of them here with over 300 000 km on each. They've rolled over 199999 obviously.

:thinking: it is supposed to be at 200,000 miles where they fail...

:thinking: it is supposed to be at 200,000 miles where they fail...

Well...I have a cluster with 240 000ish miles on it and it never failed. All that happens is a little rectangle next to the word miles lights up to indicate that mileage displayed is not actual. I have only ever come across one of the UB3 clusters that showed error, and it also had several several segments of the digits burned out... so I can only assume that there was other items that were fucked.