Buick Regal 92 - turn signal flasher

2buickbob

Isn't there a turn flasher that is located under the dash? Mine was acting intermittently and is finally out cold now. All the lamps are working. The hazard flasher is working fine.

How much are these items? Easy? Plug and chug (can I do it in the driveway in a few minutes)? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes under the dash. Go to Autozone or something of that flavor. They will have what you need. Yes, you could do this in a few minutes in the driveway.

Ok, I've got the piece. It's hot here today, so I gave up with this. I am not a kid anymore. On a Regal coupe, it is under the first removable body color panel with the air-con duct, or under the second black panel with these 2 plastic bolt attachments? It "looks" like a Philips-head to remove those plastic bolts, or is it a special tool? Those things are a pain, having done it once on the right side of the IP.

Then, once I'm there, is it to the left or right of the column...and is it quite a ways up? The piece I bought (directional signal flasher was $8.99 and is round).

Let me know...by the way, I really like that body-style Grand Prix...wish I had a 3800 base GT coupe sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

the turn signal flasher is directly over the accelerator pedal, on the aluminum housing that supports the pedals and steering coulmn. remove that panel.

Yes, exactly where you said and it is now replaced...and working. Thank God it was there and not embedded in the column somewhere.

However, getting the black plastic panels that shield the underside of the dash took the most time and I wll need to buy new clips since they got mangled in the process.

But, it's flashing. But, hate those plastic screws on both sides of the panel (once replaced a heater blower motor and it wasn't fun)