HID LIGHTING

thatcutteeboy

Anybody ever did HID lighting on a 1993 vert? I was at Pull A Part today and I was messing with the low beam headlight from the quad headlight system and I noticed that the bulb part of the light does seperate from the housing and the plug fits onto a 9006 bulb. The 9006 bulb does fit into the housing really tight but there is no way to secure it but the o ring fits very tight into the housing. So I was thinking of getting a HID kit for the 9006 bulb and retrofitting it into the quad housing. Any thoughts or suggestions? Has this been done before. I think this would be great for our cars. I would even get a kit for the fog lights. Thanks. Rodney

okay then

ever watched a welding arc without a helmet jake? i've done it on accident before, that shit takes about 2 hours to go away completely, and this was in broad daylight. the extra contrast from it being at night? OMGBLINDBBQIKNORIT? that and since the lens is focusing it, its even brighter in the area intended.

luckily, its very toned down, but i'm sure some creative minds could come up with a way to alter the output.

There is a company out there that makes the H4351 retrofit housings to plug in a 9006 the "correct" way, but Ive just siliconed mine in and had no problems. In fact I just upgraded to Silverstars last night and Im glad I did. The only problem youre going to have with HIDs is finding a place to mount the ballast. Both me an Bob(1LoudCutty) found that the only real way to mount the ballast was to remove the header panel and mount it on the inner fender area.

There is a company out there that makes the H4351 retrofit housings to plug in a 9006 the "correct" way, but Ive just siliconed mine in and had no problems. In fact I just upgraded to Silverstars last night and Im glad I did. The only problem youre going to have with HIDs is finding a place to mount the ballast. Both me an Bob(1LoudCutty) found that the only real way to mount the ballast was to remove the header panel and mount it on the inner fender area.

yup and its still a pain in the ass without special brackets for the ballasts..

i just contact-cemented in Silverstars.. works awsome, wont blind people, or get ya tickets