lots of questions on my 00 lumina

rockfangd

I figured that instead of multiple general threads i would post 1. Thy are all for my 2000 chevrolet lumina.

Is there a panic button feature for these Keyless entry units.

The remote i programmed is from a 1997 Chevrolet lumina and mine is a 2000. I dont know if there is any differences.

Also can you change any of the features of the RKE? There is no horn or parking light confirmation.

Can you change the RKE unit to one that as more features? such as the 2nd gen GP or anything else newer? Example is i have a 2000 intrigue with RKE and 2 remotes that has the panic and parking confirmation features. I do not know how to program the remotes on the intrigue though

Anyone know anything on this.

Are the newer luminas supposed to have RAP(reatained accessory power)? If not how can i add the feature.

I dont kow how to tell if mine has the feature but if it does i dont know why it would not be working.

When I wired a 1997 receiver into my 1996 Lumina there was no wiring for a panic button. The remotes changed to the newer style in 1997 and as far as I can tell the receiver is the same for 97+ so I guess none of them would have a panic button.

Also I thought the sensor on the dash was for the auto headlights.

I Think so too. You are saying the sunload sensor on the dash.

I went on ebay and there are mixed remotes.

some say 1997-1999 and 2000-2001, then some say 1997-2001.

I am confused, because the first one shows that the remotes from 1997 to 1999 have no panic and the remotes from 2000- 2001 have the panic feature :willynilly:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for some technical questions

and what would those be?

to answer your RAP question, i think that the luminas are supposed to have it, so i've heard. but mine dosn't have it.

I thought so too, but i dont know how to find out if it does or not.

The other questions are in my first post :mrgreen:

lol i thought you had more than that.

i want to say that the RAP is behind the glove box someplace. maybe this weekend i'll tear in behind there to see if it exist.

to answer your questions on the RKE:

1. no there wasn't a panic feature for the luminas i believe.

2. no you can't change any feature to get the horn/parking light confirmation.

3. im not sure if the RKE from the intrigue or gp will have the same connectors as the lumina. rob would know more about programming the intrigue remotes.

I thought so too, but i dont know how to find out if it does or not.

The other questions are in my first post :mrgreen:

lol i thought you had more than that.

i want to say that the RAP is behind the glove box someplace. maybe this weekend i'll tear in behind there to see if it exist.

to answer your questions on the RKE:

1. no there wasn't a panic feature for the luminas i believe.

2. no you can't change any feature to get the horn/parking light confirmation.

3. im not sure if the RKE from the intrigue or gp will have the same connectors as the lumina. rob would know more about programming the intrigue remotes.

Thanks

I always had the idea to go the junk yard and grab the rke from a saturn. I thought since they had the confirmation it would be just a plug and play wire thing for us to get it to work on our cars. I just stuck with the original factory module for the car. I haven't even hooked up the trunk to the rke yet. I do have the trunk pop switch but not wired to the rke. I thought it was funny I didn't properly tape up my wire taps and i was shorting out part of the rke. I was heading down the interstate and the doors would lock and unlock randomly. Its fixed now :)

I always had the idea to go the junk yard and grab the rke from a saturn. I thought since they had the confirmation it would be just a plug and play wire thing for us to get it to work on our cars. I just stuck with the original factory module for the car. I haven't even hooked up the trunk to the rke yet. I do have the trunk pop switch but not wired to the rke. I thought it was funny I didn't properly tape up my wire taps and i was shorting out part of the rke. I was heading down the interstate and the doors would lock and unlock randomly. Its fixed now :)

i have yet to hook up the rke i have. i've had no time and probly not enough wire.