Well, my sunroof finally croaked today. ***FIXED!!!***

tornado_735

I was on my way to work when I decided to open the sunroof. Then when I got there, the stupid thing wouldn't close. None of my old tricks to try and close it worked. So on my break at work, I began to take the headliner off. I didn't realize the motor was right up front.

Got the headliner taken down in the front, and got the sunroof motor off. I took it apart, and where the brushes touch the rotor thingie, it's visibly worn. I cleaned the brushes the best I could, and put it all back together, and now the motor will only spin one way. There are two relays, and they both click, although the one clicks and the motor doesn't move. Also, I think the...transmission I guess it would be called is messed up too because it doesn't spin when the motor spins.

Anybody know how much a new or used one will run me?

I went to the junkyard today, and pulled the sunroof motor and the relays. Turned out to be the damn relays.

There were a BUNCH of w-bodies there, but I only found two with the power sunroof. Got the motor and relays out of like, a '92 GP and the switch out of a NICE (although wrecked) '95 GP Special Edition. I had to throw a big ass rock through the window of the '95, because lo and behold some ass locked it, and surprisingly I couldn't break it by hitting it with my vice grips.

I am thinking about going back tomorrow, and trying to scrounge more stuff. I would have taken pictures today, but it started pouring rain and my GF wanted to go back to sit in the Jeep, so I had her take the camera.

But anyway, got it put back together, and it works like brand new!!!