Can you give me a recommondation on this?

Dannymik

I really need your help here! I need to ask if one of the two of these you would do.

I bought one of those cone filters with the chrome air induction off of Ebay about a month ago. Now I really have not seen any difference besides the sound. I originally had the stock box in there with a K&N drop in filter. If you weren't over excited with the cone filter would you put the boxed K&N filter back in. The thing about the cone filter is that it has no name on it...its just that reddish color. I like the raspy rev from the filter, but don't notice any difference in torque. Also the fitting that fits on the TB isn't perfect :? . Any suggestions would be appreciated!

w-body.jpg

when i put my intake on, i didnt notice an addition of power, but moreso a shift.... i lost some lowend and gained high end... plus i like the sound too... :D

dont know what to tell ya... i think the K&N gave you all the gain to be gotten and then switching to the cone is about the same only louder...

my theory

- Justin

As far as the cone filter, It has a rubber connector that connects to the TB. That connection barely fits on, because of the bolts or accel. cables off the TB. Also those two sensors that plug into the induction don't fit 100% correctly. Oh yeah....I lost low end power as well.

w-body.jpg

when i put my intake on, i didnt notice an addition of power, but moreso a shift.... i lost some lowend and gained high end... plus i like the sound too... :D

dont know what to tell ya... i think the K&N gave you all the gain to be gotten and then switching to the cone is about the same only louder...

my theory

- Justin

Same here more Mid to High , and sounds louder as well ...

355606_27_full.jpg

Hey Euro!!! Where did you get that intake for your N/A 3.1, I obviously dont need it but my buddy has a 90 Grand Prix that could use it, it actually looks like it was made to fit that car so let me know!

Hey Euro!!! Where did you get that intake for your N/A 3.1, I obviously dont need it but my buddy has a 90 Grand Prix that could use it, it actually looks like it was made to fit that car so let me know!

Thanks for the thumbs up on my car ... :)

Well it's for a Honda Civic 96-00 DX/LX part #151001K you gotta install it in reverse, what I mean is the curved part goes on the filter and the straight piece goes on the throttle body, you cut off about a foot of the pipe it's to long, but the TB is to big for the rubber adapter so I stretched it over the tube that was left over after resizing it. then put it on the part to be used for the intake , end to end ... sounds harder than it was :shock: ... also the air sensor doesn't have a hole so I placed a protective fitting around it and placed it beside the battery "red" jumper spot. No code errors works fine as long as it's kept dry.