any one know if w-body cutty seats would fit my 73?

H.P.Productions

I got a rare 1973 Cutllas supreme coupe and that I'm thinking about fixing up soon...

I wanna replace the front and rear benches with cutty qaud buckets and if possible wire in an HUD cause it came factory ith no dash lightes.

I also wanna lower the suspension all the way around witch shouldnt be hard sence it came factory with coilovers all the way around....

also sence I wanna replace the 310 hp 350 rocket gold engine in favor for a 420 hp 455 rocket gold big block....

as far as wheels I go for 20"s all the way around probably a a bolt on wire wheel and later ad adapters and spinners

No way would a hud work, you have no electric signal for the VSS. Your car has dash lights, they just don't work. Try turning your headlight switch, if the dash lights aren't on by the time your dome light comes on, you have a problem.

Your car does not have coilovers, from the factory anyway. Your car has coil springs, mounted to the frame and A-arm. The shock holds it all together. A coilover is a spring mounted to the shock.

No way would a hud work, you have no electric signal for the VSS. Your car has dash lights, they just don't work. Try turning your headlight switch, if the dash lights aren't on by the time your dome light comes on, you have a problem.

Your car does not have coilovers, from the factory anyway. Your car has coil springs, mounted to the frame and A-arm. The shock holds it all together. A coilover is a spring mounted to the shock.

hey I'm not an Idiot...

the car has 0 options including no dash lightes meaning theirs no lighte in the dash that could not be working....

and It has coild springs with coil over shocks all the way around..

it a ralley pack or somthing like that.... the only options the car has are crome and ralley wheels, suspesion, ralley sport side mirrors witch just means it dosn have a mirror on the righte side of the car..

the car doesnt even have the floor shifter or swivill bucket seats......

its a bare bones 310 hp car with no options and came factory with just an am/fm radio

hey I'm not an Idiot...

the car has 0 options including no dash lightes meaning theirs no lighte in the dash that could not be working....

Do you mean your car has gauges instead of "idiot" lights " OR that there is no dash "lighting" ? ALL cars manufactured in the US in the past 60 years had dash lighting. Idiot lights were not "options" on a '73 they were standard equipment, gauges were optional and would have been a part of the "rally" package.

If you have no "dash lighting" then the printed circuit on the back of the instrument cluster has gone bad and GOOD LUCK finding a good one.

I was a Senior in HS in '72 when the '73s came out and my sister bought a brand new '73 Cutlass Salon. It was white with a light blue landau vinyl roof and velour interior. It had the 350 4 bbl., AT/PS/PB/AC, cruise, tilt, floor shifter and console, AM/FM/8-track stereo, power windows, high back 6 way power reclining "salon" buckets (non-swivel), full instrumentation and white rally wheels. About the only thing missing was the moon roof and posi traction. NICE car, I wanted to buy it when they got ready to trade it off but my brother-in-law's little brother beat me to it. He took good care of it though so that was cool.

^^^^^

their is not printed circuit on the back of the gauge cluster I was going to fix them about a year ago.....it could have bein remved by another owner or somthing..

I just got the car last summer( It was my first car)

^^^^^

their is not printed circuit on the back of the gauge cluster I was going to fix them about a year ago.....it could have bein remved by another owner or somthing..

I just got the car last summer( It was my first car)

Most GM cars were using the printed circuit by '73 but maybe the Cutlass didn't but I would be really surprised. But you DEFINITELY should have dash lighting. I used to have a 1973 Chevelle GM body service manual. I'll look for it when I get home tonight and see what it shows. I also have several other early 70's service manuals, I'll check them too.

Try to find a set of the '73 Salon buckets for your car, those things were big but they were SOOOOOOOOO comfortable. Boat tail Riviera's used the same seats. The swivel buckets were crap, they were cool for about 6 months then started falling apart.

The "coilover" overload shocks on your car might have been installed by a previous owner, I know my dad installed some on his '76 chevelle. I've also personally seen gauge lights on a '70 chevelle, same basic car, earlier generation, and this was no optioned out gem.