Few questions

yackel

A friend of mine recently acquired a 93 Bonneville SSEI that he ended up with as part of a deal trying to get a truck, Long story short I ended up with the car from him thinking that it was a possibility that I could swap the engine and trans in to my 96 GTP that I cant get a transmission for or get a rebuild to hold in. The SSEI has heads up display in it and I was curious if anybody knew if it would interchange with my 96 GTP. And if anybody had any information on swaping the SSEI engine and transmission into my car. I think I wouldn't have a problem with any of the mechanical aspects of it just the electronics part of it I'm unsure about, like the SSEI has performance shift, traction control and all that stuff where my GTP does not. or the whole the SSEI is OBD 1 and my GTP is OBD 2 in the sense of can i get away with changing just the engine harness without conflicting with the body harness. If my rambling makes sense and anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate the input.

Brian

well, if you are going from a 3800 series 2 to a 3800 series 1 (i believe i have that right) the worst thing is the OBD2 swap, also you plan on switching the whole engine and trans? I do believe the mounts are slightly different on the bonneville. Someone else will probably chime in on this. What is wrong with the bonne?

the mounts are different on a H body.

Honestly, swapping backwards is just dumb. Sell it to get a good rebuild trans for the GTP. Plus you should still have $$ left over.

a quick google search turns up this.

http://racetransmissions.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_397/products_id/710?osCsid=25

http://www.autotransparts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=232

Sorry Guys I forgot to put in, My GTP has the 3.4L and the SSEI has the 3800 Supercharged. The SSEI is/ was a really nice car but it is wrecked in the front, end claims to have hit a deer with it and it has no title.

Brian

I'm with the others. Scrap the SSEI and get a remanufactured 4t60E for your GTP.

If you really must do a L67 swap, find a better donor car, something 1996 and newer so you can keep your OBD2

Jamie

Ok, I personally was not a big fan of goin backwards on the computer system either but for as cheap as I got the SSEI and being a machinist with a full machine shop at my disposal I thought it might be worth it. I just hate spending that much on a remanufactured trans for the GTP was my only thing.

Brian

Also does anybody have an answer on the heads up display on if it will interchange with the GTP provided I get the correct controls for the GTP.