question about my brother's '95 CS

tornado_735

My brother has a '95 CS. It has the 3100, and he's had it for about 10 years. I have no idea why, but it blew up about 5 years ago, and he hasn't had the money to fix it. He refuses to sell it, so I want to help him get it back on the road.

What is a reasonable price for a good used 3100 motor?

$100-$500, depending on where you are at, how far your willing to travel, if your willing to have one shipped to you, and miles.

I'd just 3400 swap it, and call it a day.

$100-$500, depending on where you are at, how far your willing to travel, if your willing to have one shipped to you, and miles.

What else would need to be done to swap in a 3400? and computer stuff? Would it bolt right up to the transmission?

What else would need to be done to swap in a 3400? and computer stuff? Would it bolt right up to the transmission?

it would be a physical bolt in.

You would need to run the 3100 injectors, and modify the throttle body by switching the shaft between the 3400 housing and the 3100 housing, as well as make an adapter for the EGR.