rsmracing question

hazmatic

I've said it in another thread. I'll say it again. RSM sucks.

I'll rehash the story for you.

I was helping my brother, (a few months ago) building up his 3.1L. Most of the work we had done locally at machine shops. My brother did order the SC kit from RSM, and it was the gain you would expect. It definitely wasn't comparable to a stock TGP, but it was a good gain. Well, the Supercharger is trash now and it has nothing to do with installation or my brother's driving habits. It's just a piece of shit. RSM is laughing still whenever we try for an exchange and you can hear them crapping themselves from laughter at the notion of a refund.

The gain you would get from that RSM piece of shit is not worth the price tag. You can find a complete TGP for cheaper and it performs better.

Top all that off with the fucking border tax... Ever hear of NAFTA?

I would go with what other people have been saying. GO WITH THE L67!

I'm certainly not regretting that.

I think someone else here just recently installed a turbocharger on his Z34 Lumina. I can't remember his name but he's got a turbo 3.1 MPFI, but I have no idea whether or not it's a 5-speed.

You are right though, but I think the Getrag 282 is your best bet as far as a 5-speed goes. Apparently those sticks can handle a shitload of power. I have no idea how much the turbo 3.1 MPFI can make though.

BTW: I thought you were going to drop the Supercharged 3800 Series II and a 4T65-E/HD in your Regal.

thats what i orginaly wanted to do but i wayed out my options that a custom built 3.1 turbo charged engine with a 5 speed would be quicker then the 3800 sII s/c im lookin to have one of the fastest w-bodys

I can't really speak for each the turbo 3.1 MPFI or the Supercharged 3800 Series II because I have very little experience with either one. I did drive a W-Body with the L67 though, and it was damn fast to say the least.

I think that with enough money and the proper modifications you can probably make a turbo 3.1 MPFI just as fast as the L67 if not faster, but the L67 has a shitload of mods available for it that'll make it almost as fast as Camaros and such. Too bad the turbo 3.1 MPFI doesn't have as many mods available. At least not to my knowledge.

I don't think you're opening up a can of worms though, I think we should really find out how much potential the turbo 3.1 MPFI really has.

your not gonna make a turboed 3.1 faster than a L67

i know i'm opening a can of worms

Your brother should have spoken to us or at least asked us what we think of RSM prior to throwing several thousand dollars their way. With the cost of RSM's supercharger he could have easily done other custom modifications. RSM is a rip-off.

Anyone interested in purchasing from RSM should consider the following:

1. Their products are overpriced

2. You can't return their products

3. They don't guarantee the quality or compatibility of their products

Is there a company out there that's worse than RSM? Probably. Hey, remember that company called Magnapart or something like that? Whatever happened to them? I heard they were pretty bad as well.

I've said it in another thread. I'll say it again. RSM sucks.

I'll rehash the story for you.

I was helping my brother, (a few months ago) building up his 3.1L. Most of the work we had done locally at machine shops. My brother did order the SC kit from RSM, and it was the gain you would expect. It definitely wasn't comparable to a stock TGP, but it was a good gain. Well, the Supercharger is trash now and it has nothing to do with installation or my brother's driving habits. It's just a piece of shit. RSM is laughing still whenever we try for an exchange and you can hear them crapping themselves from laughter at the notion of a refund.

The gain you would get from that RSM piece of shit is not worth the price tag. You can find a complete TGP for cheaper and it performs better.

Top all that off with the fucking border tax... Ever hear of NAFTA?

I would go with what other people have been saying. GO WITH THE L67!

I'm certainly not regretting that.