rsmracing question

hazmatic

ok redneckkilla, while trying to understand your english(or whatever you call it), i got that you want to add a modification from RSMracing to your Regal that they list for other w-bodies, but not a regal. so what is this mod? you refer to it being "they." im going to assume suspension becuz of ther plural......

im lookin at there engin mods the got to offer as it is about time i start to order parts for my 3.1 build n i want as much aftermarket performance parts as possable if neone know of ne other sites i can use i would apreacte them 2

but he also did make reference to the engine bay and not having it "moded." Now logic would dictate that when referencing parts in the plural form, one could assume that Mr. Hazmatic could be talking about multiple parts. He also references the engine directly assuming that he is talking about engine components. Now, by saying "they" he could also be talking about all parts and products offered by RSMracing in general as a whole. More detail and specifics will be needed to make a proper assumption of what Mr. Hazmatic is refering to.

ok, so now that im done with the "intellectual" talk. Ebonicly speaking, what the fuck are you talking about hazmatic???

- Justin

I personally have not gotten anything from rsm racing but just by looking at their prices i am going to stay away. Althought some of the stuff is at an ok price, you are fucked if you live in canada and the kits they sell for cars are terrible, you spend 4000 dollars and then you get like another 40 hp, thats bullshit...sorry there, I did not mean to bash on anyone!

Since nobody else has actually answered his question yet, yes, all the engine and suspension parts from a regal are the same as a grand prix, lumina, cutlass. Ask your vendor before you buy though, just for the "But you said it would fit" clause.

would the gm dealership have perfomrnace parts i wanna build a all performance engine with all the aftermarket performnace shit i can find i only plan on goin to the gm dealer if i cant find aftermarket i basically want to build a new engine that will have 0 miles on it

Dude, let me save you some time and money. Do not trust RSM Racing.

I have spoken to Zsolt Zsaba or whatever that guy's name is, from RSM, about their products. They offer a no-return policy. Their products may be manufactured "in-house" but they offer almost no guarantees on their products. Quality control and high prices have always been an issue with them. Their tech-support sucks as well.

I discussed purchasing their big brake upgrade, their "lowering" upgrade, as well as their front and rear strut tower braces. I can't remember who posted it but someone here purchased their W-Body strut tower braces and complained about the quality.

You're better off having some custom shit done to your car from another company.

there catalog dont got a regal but can i look at other w-body cars with the same engine n will they bolt up no problem with out moding the engein bay at all

I think you can get Crane roller rockers in a 1.6:1 ratio but you'd definitely need to upgrade to stronger pushrods. At least that's according to someone here who has done this already.

You can always go to a local machine shop (your dad probably knows of a good one) and have them port and polish your cylinder heads and such. That'll certainly guarantee higher horsepower and torque.

As far as cold-air intakes and shit like that, you can always build one yourself. It's a lot less expensive than purchasing one from another manufacturer.

BTW: I thought you were going to drop the Supercharged 3800 Series II and a 4T65-E/HD in your Regal.

im lookin at there engin mods the got to offer as it is about time i start to order parts for my 3.1 build n i want as much aftermarket performance parts as possable if neone know of ne other sites i can use i would apreacte them 2

No, you're right, it is bullshit.

$4,000 for a 40HP is fucking bullshit. I can go to a custom exhaust shop and have a custom cat-back built for me for under $800.00 including labour and materials. That'll be good for about 15HP+ on a 3800 TPI V-6. Then I'll go have my cylinder heads sent to Extrude Hone for their cylinder head services and that'll cost $900 for about a 25HP+ gain. So that's less than $2,000 and I already have a 40HP gain. RSM's prices are absolutely ridiculous, it makes me wonder why the fuck they're still in business.

I personally have not gotten anything from rsm racing but just by looking at their prices i am going to stay away. Althought some of the stuff is at an ok price, you are fucked if you live in canada and the kits they sell for cars are terrible, you spend 4000 dollars and then you get like another 40 hp, thats bullshit...sorry there, I did not mean to bash on anyone!

Funny, I asked a dude named Zsolt Zsaba (or something like that) who's a tech suppotr dude at RSM and he said most of their parts for the 3.1 MPFI will also work on my 3800 TPI V-6. That, I find hard to believe.

Since nobody else has actually answered his question yet, yes, all the engine and suspension parts from a regal are the same as a grand prix, lumina, cutlass. Ask your vendor before you buy though, just for the "But you said it would fit" clause.

So your goal is to build a "rebuilt" engine with pratically no mileage on it while using aftermarket high performance parts, eh?

Well, you can purchase rebuild kits from various manufacturers, I'm sure your dad can help you on that. As far as aftermarket performance parts, there are very few parts available for you. Almost everything, at least internal engine components, would have to be custom made for the 3.1 MPFI. Depending on how much money you're willing to spend, I'd recommend going for aftermarket pistons, higher ratio roller rockers, and having your intake manifold and cylinder heads ported and polished. That's pretty much all you can do. To tell you the truth, there isn't much for the 3.1 MPFI engine, even if it's a common engine.

would the gm dealership have perfomrnace parts i wanna build a all performance engine with all the aftermarket performnace shit i can find i only plan on goin to the gm dealer if i cant find aftermarket i basically want to build a new engine that will have 0 miles on it

BTW: I thought you were going to drop the Supercharged 3800 Series II and a 4T65-E/HD in your Regal.

thats what i orginaly wanted to do but i wayed out my options that a custom built 3.1 turbo charged engine with a 5 speed would be quicker then the 3800 sII s/c im lookin to have one of the fastest w-bodys

RedCutlassSL I do believe is right when saying your 3.1 Turbo isn't gonna be faster than an L67. Maybe a long time ago you could've. But there are just so many more parts available for the l67 than there is for the 3.1MPFI. I've had a hard enough time trying to get parts for the 3.4 DOHC and that was GM's "performance" motor at the time. If I were you, I'd look at swapping in another motor. Your gonna SAVE MONEY $$$. Trust me.