1993 Grand Prix SE or 2004 Grand Prix GT?

dylan1630

Ok, I have a 93 Grand Prix SE that I restored after sitting for 4 years, and it's green with gold trim and wheels, and tan interior, 3.1 mpfi. I like it a lot but I am going to be getting an 04 Grand Prix, black with black interior, 3.8. I'd probably have to sell my 93 grand prix because i'm 16 and already have 2 cars, but my iroc is not going to go. What should I do? I like the 04 because it's a bit more comfortable and has more power, and a great stereo system, but i still like my 93 grand prix. Which would you rather have?

no offense.. but I've always considered a first car to be a dangerous thing... too much power too fast = BOOM. I sure wish I had pics of the V8 camaro (87 IROC, iirc) at the local j/y that hit a tree at over a hundred, backwards.... that was a 16 year olds pride and joy. He's a paraplegic now, if he is still alive

as for the cars... I consider the second gen GPs to be too common, I've never liked em.

but either car will be a good car.

maybe what you should do... is list both on craigslist, which ever sells first.... = PROFIT!!!

gtp>than se

he isn't considering a gtp

as for the cars... I consider the second gen GPs to be too common, I've never liked em.

he's not considering a 97-03 either....

post-gen>first genin every way that I can think of....I am trying to figure out the difficulty in the decision between the two

Have you gotten insurance quotes? I say save your money and just stick with the 93... You restored it, and have alot of time in it doing so and I dont think you would ever be happy with the amount you get out of it by selling it... The 04+ cars are ok but I think they are a little bulky and the view out of them is horrible... Plus they are getting very common and the 96- cars are getting rare but j/y parts are cheap for them... Seriously, save your money and keep the 93

I say go with the 04... You may have a lot of time/effort in the 93, but the 04 will serve you much better in the long run... Also, the longer you hold onto the 93, the less it is going to be worth... Maybe if it was a Richard Petty or a GTP, then it may be worth something in good condition.. I don't think a 93 Grand Prix SE is going to be worth very much (no offense to anyone) as the years go by... Not that an 04 will be worth much either, but at least you ought to get several trouble free years out of it...

I would say the 04, its going to be better for you in the long run, than the SE. It may suck having to get rid of a car you put so much hard work into, but that lets you spend more time with your other vehicles, modding them as you wish and caring for them!

04 hands down.

the O4 is OBDII, which is epic. The stuff isn't over 16 years old, so not as likely to break on you. More room. Better gas mileage, ride better, not rusted. Pretty quick. Black, Big pimpin.

93 is OBDI, so when the cat goes out, just cut it off, insurance will be cheap as heck, i assume two doors, if it is a 4dr, i would throw it away immediately. a slug. retarded doorhandles that break.

Main reason not to drive the 93?

GREEN

/end thread.