Does anybody else remember the old site and forum?

tornado_735

I was roaming around the site this morning, and I got to thinking about the old site and forum. It was so simple back then! Hell, I remember that one of the links had a gif image of the CS digital dash when it lit up. Is that still around?

You can still find most of the main web sites pages and information on the web, if you know how to search for it.

Whenever it gets done, which seems like never at this point, the new main page will have most, if not all, of the original main pages content, plus more.

If it gets done.

You can still find most of the main web sites pages and information on the web, if you know how to search for it.

Whenever it gets done, which seems like never at this point, the new main page will have most, if not all, of the original main pages content, plus more.

If it gets done.

I take it, "if" being a key word, lol! :willy_nilly:

Found this old gem on the DIS information page...

I don't know if you can tell, but the entire thing is filled with a thick water-clear silicone-like goo very similar to what you'd might find in fake hooters.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.w-body.com

"This page was written in 800x600 resolution and tested using Netscape." well dang I guess my 1920x1200 monitor is too big :lol:

:lol: That brings back great memories of the 90's! I remember back when everybody used Nutscrape. I don't even know if it even exists anymore. Back then I had a 15" CRT which was something like 13.8" viewable or something like that. It seemed big compared to the 9" Mac Classic I used to have (Luke's avatar reminded me of it).

:lol: That brings back great memories of the 90's! I remember back when everybody used Nutscrape. I don't even know if it even exists anymore. Back then I had a 15" CRT which was something like 13.8" viewable or something like that. It seemed big compared to the 9" Mac Classic I used to have (Luke's avatar reminded me of it).

AOL terminated future updates to the Netscape Browser back in 2007. The version 9.0 release in October of that year was the last one made. I was using the version 7.0 and also had an @netscape.net email (also done away with) until about a year ago, before finally switching to IE and a yahoo email. All browser versions after the traditional 4.x's were based off Mozilla just like Firefox. Mozilla was actually basically created by Netscape, making Firefox sort of the continuation of Netscape.

The better question is "Is AOL still around, I mean, ACTUALLY AROUND?"

Since when is that the old forum? I remember back during the days when it was all on one page, and the replies just branched off of the topics. Those pages were a mess.

Since when is that the old forum? I remember back during the days when it was all on one page, and the replies just branched off of the topics. Those pages were a mess.

members.boardhost.com/gm-fwd

:lol: sick that I still remember that verbatim....