dkorinko's TGP pics(supra TT intercooler setup)and more!!!!!

mfewtrail

Dane, I posted a link to this thread on the TGP board for you..it's located here..so you can read comments/answer questions..just figured I'd let you know and link the other board here so more people that don't visit both would get to see it. http://www.netavalanche.com/tgp/viewtopic.php?t=1398&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Yeah I have a lot of pictures of the car, and 2 or 3 of the top of the engine, so I will get those sent over to my buddy who is hosting them for me and hopefuully he will get them up for me!!!??? So what does everyone think??? Is my car alright lol??? :)

Yeah I have a lot of pictures of the car, and 2 or 3 of the top of the engine, so I will get those sent over to my buddy who is hosting them for me and hopefuully he will get them up for me!!!??? So what does everyone think??? Is my car alright lol??? :)

yeah, I'll host whatever you send my way..just send them when you get a chance and I'll put them up soon, just got back from work and then started working on my project car again...I realized all over that I hate EFI and all the damn wiring associated with it :oops: ..trying to figure out what the heck some of the parts I pulled a month ago are :roll:

LoL, That sucks that you are having troubles with remembering parts lol! I am pretty sure there is not much I can do but you have helped me out a lot with all the pics and stuff so if you want anything that you think I might be able to help you with, let me know!

mfewtrail: I can relate, my project car is an 88 Z24 with a 89 3.1 TGP motor. I picked the car up half way through completion and I had to go back and find all of the other guys mistakes, what a PIA that was. I am now to where I just have to start connecting things and switching my trans mount and I will be in business.

mfewtrail: I can relate, my project car is an 88 Z24 with a 89 3.1 TGP motor. I picked the car up half way through completion and I had to go back and find all of the other guys mistakes, what a PIA that was. I am now to where I just have to start connecting things and switching my trans mount and I will be in business.

I know how that can be also..same situation w/ the volvo I have(88 740 turbo/intercooled sedan), it was woman owned and I got it for helping my roommate out doing some yardwork and a little painting at her house, so it was next to free, I worked on it in her yard for 3-4 days before I finally got everything hooked up right and running, she had someone work on it and they left about 5 or 6 of no telling how many vacuum lines undone and just tucked away hidden behind things, I'm surprised the car ran when she got it back, she said it ran rough and drove for a day and then she got it in the yard and it died so she didn't fool with it. It had been sitting for a year when I took it off her hands, fixed all the vacuum lines w/ new ones, new fuel pressure regulator, new battery, new plugs(wires were almost new on it), and a few other small things and it ran like a champ for almost 10K when the turbo died on me, so I decided to part it out and took pretty much everything apart, I couldn't figure out what some plastic pieces were yesterday but finally found out they went behind the non-existent dash :lol: , got everything back in order now and cleaned out the car yesterday, gotta haul off the dash and a few other pieces I don't want/need and don't feel like holding on to until someone else needs/wants them :wink: . I'm putting a ford 302 HO(probably...maybe a regular 302, I don't really even know the difference between regular 302's and the HO's..I've heard the exhaust manifold are different though, I'm going to use shorty headers most likely unless I can fit some long tube ones in the car w/o too much modification...also going to use the T5 5speed transmission w/ my swap, I found out a great deal of what I need to know yesterday about the motor mounts and tranny mount(or adapter, as you can use the stock one..has a big ass AW71 tranny stock behind the little four banger)..Anyways, I might write more later on my progress and start a thread in the "whatever" section and update it as I make progress.

since I'm a post whore, I hit reply instead of editing my last post...I want a picture of your entire TGP front-end to see how noticeable the intercooler is there, what all did you have to cut to fit it in there?

I will get some pics of the entire engine bay up here pretty soon. I had to cut a space in the metal front bumper, the stuff behind the fiberglass that is actually steel, and thats what the intercooler sits it, it has brackets coming over both of its sides, that are bolted to the metal bumper, and I had to cut a little out of the bottom bumper piece but just little round spaces so that the pipes could pass through, i didnt want to cut anything on it, because its a TGP but my bottom bumper needs to be replaced anyway so i figured what the heck for now and i will figure out a different way for the piping when i get around to a new bumper!

• 3 months later...

FYI...the HO has higher compresion ..better cam profile. The "regular" low output has lower compression, torquie cam profile. That fireing order would be a 351w firing order...but I thought it was only on the cobra engine...OH well this ain't MM&FF...

It won't be fun with the regular unless you swap cams and install 289ci heads or higher compression pistons and remove the smog bump on the exhastport of the regular heads.

Now back to your TGP...Nice. Some pain wouldn't hurt on the pipes for better looks and corrosion protection.

Volvo turbo sadans...are those quick? I would have thought you would have intalled a t-bird turbo on there and gotten crazy on the boost.

Just wondering if anyone had a paint that they reccomend i use??? Also any suggestions on what color to use would be great to! I know i need to find a paint that is tolerant to heat, i should be able to get something like that at an auto parts store right????

mfewtrail if thats your car at the bottum you'd see some hp gains if you moved that cone filter. I had it in the same spot and everytime the car warms up you lose power because it's sucking off the manifold and out of the hot radiator. my car pulls about the same hot as cold not that I moved it.

marcus

i can powder coat them if you want to pay shipping and can go a couple days without them. it will last much longer and look WAY better then the rattle can technique.

post if your interested. i don't know how much piping there is exactly so i don't know a $$.

shane

mfewtrail if thats your car at the bottum you'd see some hp gains if you moved that cone filter. I had it in the same spot and everytime the car warms up you lose power because it's sucking off the manifold and out of the hot radiator. my car pulls about the same hot as cold not that I moved it.

marcus

I know :wink: ..that's my dad's car by the way. I own the silvermist 01 and the bright white 93...my dad said he'd give me the TGP when I finish my associates degree(beginning of next year) :wink: I plan on doing a fenderwell intake w/ the TGP or making up something else to house the conical filter..it's a bit hard to build anything between the turbo/intercooler and the little space there though..but I'll see if I can come up w/ something to seal the cone from the engine bay.

i can powder coat them if you want to pay shipping and can go a couple days without them. it will last much longer and look WAY better then the rattle can technique.

post if your interested. i don't know how much piping there is exactly so i don't know a $$.

shane

I''ll see if i can get pictures so u can see ALL of the piping, im interested but the only thing that i dont like would be the shipping....how much would cost to send all the pipes????

• 2 years later...