Any idea on how to remove a stock stereo?

Maverick

most cars require a mounting kit. unless you bought a double din size radio. im not totally positve on your exact car but i have installed many in my time. you can buy them at almost all auto parts stores. i know walmart carries some universal ones. most of them come with instructions on how to pull out your existing radio and put in the other. another sugesstion if you never put in a stereo get a wire harness. makes everything easier,cleaner, no splicing into factory wires and if you sell your car you can throw factory one back.

cheers

scotty

i know on my 90 cutty

there were 4 or 5 screws holding the trim bezel on around the radio and instrument cluster. had to feel them under the top ledge. they were philips head. had to use short and long to get them.

if tilt wheel had to pull it down

carefully remove it. might need to pull firm though.

then there 2--7mm bolts holding in radio.

before you get this far you will need a mounting kit, wire harness and antenna adapter.

and you will need to secure harness from radio to aftermarket harness.

preferably with solder and heat shrink tubing.

this is easy to do. just be carefull and watch what you are doing.

you will need to remove the bracket from factory radio to attach to the aftermarket mounting kit.

as least for my cutty i did. not sure on lumina though.

then reverse process.

should take an hour or mayb a little more.

i know i could be of more help if i had a lumina, but alas i do not

Monty

Yhea I had a lumina before. That entire dash panel, that runs along the front, pulls off.. Ya gotta pull like a son of a bitch, but she comes loose after awhile.

it's easier if you push up on the bottom, until the push/slide clips are up enough to go over the bottom of the dash, once the bottom is loose, just pull, and it'll come out nicely, after that, there should be 4 7mm bolts holding the bracket in (I'm not sure about factory, but that's what I had to do when I put my deck in, and when I got my new deck, the car didn't come with a factory deck...)