A/C Compressor

hermannm

Hey everyone,

I replaced my ac compressor about a year or 2 ago with another one from the wreckers. The old ac compressor had metal shavings, was hard to turn. Now this one is doing the same thing the old one did. I recharged the system today as it was low the ac was not working. I put in one can of the red tek 12 a. (car is a 1992 with 3.1 engine olds cutlas) The system was working fine for about ten minutes. Then it got really loud like the clutch is engaging disengaging really fast ? I dont know how to describe it properly. If i turn the entire climate control off it goes away. I can turn the clutch by hand and it turns freely, doesnt feel like any metal in theere. But the compressor does not turn off even when i have the climate control on 32 degrees celcius and on upper. Is this a bad compressor? Should i pull the relay so no to do any other damage. Car still blows cold air but is noisy.

Thanks.,

The clutch is going bad and will quit working soon, word of advise its prob better to get a new compressor this time because these compressors are known for going bad