grand prix fins and scoops.

swift13

if i were to get som roof fins and hood scoops off a special edition for my gtp how would i go about installing them

i would assume just 2-sided 3m tape for both, am i wrong?

if i were to get som roof fins and hood scoops off a special edition for my gtp how would i go about installing them

i would assume just 2-sided 3m tape for both, am i wrong?

you could do it that way...

but i sure as hell wouldn't... and what do you mean by roof fins? the only image i keep coming up with in my head is the roof spoiler on my dad's javelin, and i KNOW GM did not do that...

the roof rails just go in with some double sided tape. Some guys screw them in from the bottom of the roof because in some places people steal them I guess. I've never heard of anybody actually having it happen to them though. The Daytona/Special Edition/40th hood scoops can be used the same I think, but they're supposed to have holes cut out of the hood for the heat extraction.

i thought they were appearance only i never see any type of holes or anything for heat to escape or air to get in.

i figured it was one of two ways to install the scoops either 2-sided tape or it actually goes through the hood and is secured that way, i would really hate to cut/drill holes in the hood.

The hood vents ARE installed by double-sided tape. However, they are functional, so there are supposed to be holes cut in the hood to allow the hot air to escape. There's a plastic drip tunnel underneath to protect the engine compartment from water getting in, but that's actually easily removed (which I've done, because it's way too constrictive). Additionally, there are pegs on the bottom of the scopes that are supposed to insert into little holes in the hood to stay in there better. You're best off just snagging an entire hood. I'll post pics when I get a chance to upload them.

These are the "NASCAR inspired" roof spoilers he's referring to:

http://www.grandprixforums.net/f11/roof-rails-mythbusters-8801.html

The hood vents ARE installed by double-sided tape. However, they are functional, so there are supposed to be holes cut in the hood to allow the hot air to escape. There's a plastic drip tunnel underneath to protect the engine compartment from water getting in, but that's actually easily removed (which I've done, because it's way too constrictive). Additionally, there are pegs on the bottom of the scopes that are supposed to insert into little holes in the hood to stay in there better. You're best off just snagging an entire hood. I'll post pics when I get a chance to upload them.

These are the "NASCAR inspired" roof spoilers he's referring to:

http://www.grandprixforums.net/f11/roof-rails-mythbusters-8801.html

but if didnt care too much for functionality i wouldnt need a whole hood or even to do anything to mine, but just stick them on, granted i think its cheesy to just stick on those after market scoops, i really dont wanna get too involved with a project or anything for this car. i just know i can the fins (spoilers)and scoops for cheap and was seeing what it would take.