What would be cheaper?

SrMichi

very well then junkyard it is. But i might have to go to the big one in penn i think is called harry's u pull?

How much would two doors run?

All I have to say is it's really hard to hang doors right. As in perfectly.

What you mean?

When you remove doors, it's very hard to get them to hang properly, when you put them back on or others' back on.

When you're doing both doors on one side it's not as serious, if they both hang a little low it's not a huge deal, but getting them lined up is a pain in the ass.

When I got my car back after having both driver's side doors bashed in, they weren't where the originals were, but were even with each other.

Also, when most junkyards sell a door, all they are selling is the sheet metal. The mirror, Glass, Door handle etc... generally will be added on separately.

Not absolutely necessary to grab, but at minimum, grabbing one with the glass will make it just that much easier when it comes to swapping stuff over.

The junk yard I go to charges 30 bucks for doors, should probably be the same where you are as well, at least within that price range.

Added to this comment. How are your interior panels? Those okay?

Harry's is probably $35 a door, complete

I've hung and swapped plenty of doors. it takes alot more work on the front that on the rear door.

Also beware... a door will not fit inside your car, you need to hang it in the j/y parking lot....

TIPS:

Use electrical tape. mask the entire front lip of the front door where it meets the fender. do the same for the fender. this way when you maneuver the door into position bumping =/= scratching it.

Get a friend to come and help. nothing worse than hanging a door by yourself.

Hinges use a thru bolt-pin design. you can remove two 10mm bolts and the hinges will separate most of the time. if that fails you can unbolt the hinge from which ever part you are not taking/keeping, and then tap it with a hammer till it separates. if you do that right, you can line and drop the new door's half of the hinge pin into car's half of the hinge pin and be done. Add lubricant between the hinge pins to make a squeak free joint. (further door alignment will still be needed)

CUT NO WIRES. there is a plug inside the car at the base of the pilar that you can unplug and plug back into your car.

Grab one from a same year, same color same option car to ensure complete compatibility. otherwise, GUT your old door and keep the harness and window motor and mechanism etc etc etc in case something is different. I've had to change the wiring harness in every door that was mounted on a different year or differently optioned car. (basically ALL OF THEM)

Doors can be aligned with a jack and a block of wood. yes, you can even do this later.

They wont fit in the car? not even the trunk? not even the back seat? even after i bring all the front seats foward? WTH :mad: dam that sucks balls.

Can i call Harry's u pulll place to see if they have a good shape lumina with nice door?

well... you can fit ONE door in the trunk. the door frame opening is too small to fit a door through, sorry!

I doubt they could tell you over the phone, they are a giant u-pull it lot...

If I were you, I would install the rear door at the j/y (very easy) and take the front door back with you to install later.

They wont fit in the car? not even the trunk? not even the back seat? even after i bring all the front seats foward? WTH :mad: dam that sucks balls.

If you remove the B-pillar, you can easily get both doors into the back seat.

what the hell is B-pillar?

I think it might be possible to fit at least the rear door in the back seat because of the grove from the rear wheel and i could just put the front door in the trunk.

true... but...

but what? im going to drive 5 hours round trip for nothing? maybe if i explain where im coming from they would be nice enough to check if they have them or not.

having been to that yard... I can tell you now no one will go look. it took me about 2 hours to just WALK the entire GM section there.

having been to that yard... I can tell you now no one will go look. it took me about 2 hours to just WALK the entire GM section there.

what he said.

the door will not fit in the car. door height > door opening. when i got a front door for my lumina it had to sit in there with the trunk lid open and strapped down.

they will ALWAYS have a door. will it be the right color? maybe.

get a painting quote to see what it would cost if you installed a wrong color door.

there are 3.

how far away for each other are they?

they will ALWAYS have a door. will it be the right color? maybe.

get a painting quote to see what it would cost if you installed a wrong color door.

there are 3.

yeah i guess you right i could just prep the door for paint and get a quote on how much it would cost to paint

now i just have to figure out went to go.

what the hell is B-pillar?

Man! Wikipedia has everything!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillar_(car)