Might be back into a W soon...

OldsmoBeast

Hey y'all!

Don't know if anyone remembers me, but years and years ago I had a 91 CS Sedan and then a 97 CS Coupe. Upgraded into a 98 Mercedes SLK, paid that off and then moved up to an 04 Volvo S60R.

The Volvo was recently involved in a collision, and parting it out I was left with enough money to buy a motorcycle. The part out continues and I am looking for affordable transporation (I got screwed and am basically getting no money for the S60R aside from what I can get for the rest of its parts).

I may have an opportunity to get back into a 95 CS coupe with 140k and the LQ1. I've never owned a car with the LQ1, so what should I look out for?

At least I can say, its good to be back :)

Basically, no money from insurance company. I had coverage, but decided against making a claim in the end. I unfortunately can't get into much more detail about the collision.

Shitty. Well if you want, I can help you look over the Cutlass in Cambridge.

That would be awesome. I'm still waiting to hear back from him, but it's a serious contender right now. I always missed my Cutlass and could use another 95-97 Coupe. What should I look out for with the LQ1?

Pull off the timing belt cover on the front bank, make sure the belt is in good shape.

Make sure the charging system works well (alternators are a bit of a job)

Other than that, check everything that you would normally look at when buying a used vehicle.

Pull off the timing belt cover on the front bank, make sure the belt is in good shape.

Make sure the charging system works well (alternators are a bit of a job)

Other than that, check everything that you would normally look at when buying a used vehicle.

Awesome thanks! Yeah it would be wicked to have you come with if the timing works out. I'm surprised I actually haven't seen you around town lately!

Well, let me know man.

I no longer have the white Z34.

I DD a black 91 Olds Cutlass International sedan on 077's now.

Also picked up another Z34, a red 5 spd, a Cali car for 90% of its life, as well as a white 88 Fiero GT.

Still have the TGP.

Well, let me know man.

I no longer have the white Z34.

I DD a black 91 Olds Cutlass International sedan on 077's now.

Also picked up another Z34, a red 5 spd, a Cali car for 90% of its life, as well as a white 88 Fiero GT.

Still have the TGP.

Nice! Yeah I remember seeing a Cutty on 077s somewhere recently but I didn't realize it was you! It was parked though so I didn't actually see you. I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me and if you could come we'll figure it out!

It is good to be back!

I've never owned a car with the LQ1, so what should I look out for?

Most cars, eat gas, and washer fluids. There's some fluids that you change, etc.

If you're fortunate enough to own one of the special LQ1's, your car will eat gas, washer fluids AND alternators.

Welcome back! Sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

Oil pump drive O-ring is a common problem. A fudge-fix for it might last a few years, but it'll eventually start leaking again unless you fix it right. :( Gotta pull the head for that, so I fudge fixed mine in late '02 and it started leaking again last year.

Alternators are a common problem. Fortunately, I only had to replace mine once in 6yrs.

Power steering pressure line is also a common problem. I also only had to replace that once. Hopefully by now in a '95, it's already been done.

Tranny side pan leaks fluid slowly... same issue in all my W's pretty much.

Had to change the P/S pump once as well.

Other than that, I can say I've honestly not had too much trouble with mine. Nothing really expensive, anyway.